T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
aerodynamics said:
The first example that comes to mind would be a thermal shirt with a camo print. What is this process called?
My guess would be discharge inks. When used properly there is no "hand" what so ever.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
jay allen said:
My guess would be discharge inks. When used properly there is no "hand" what so ever.
I would agree. Although there are other possibilities

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
The print on a bandana can be screen printed, but for large runs that have the print "in" the fabric, that is done with the Pigment Printing process (also known as Discharge or Roller Printing).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Its called DIgital Textile Printing. And it cannot be done (easily) by just printing your pattern all over the shirt because it will not come out the way you want it. You want the pattern to be consistent and not look like it has any breaks around the shirt. What you do is get fabric that is printed with your design, and then get a tailor or whoever to make your shirts or whatever you want, from scratch using your material. It will get you the results you're looking for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the help folks. this doesnt sound like an ideal method of printing on blank shirts. while we're not ready for the cut n sew arena, this is great info and will help us when its time to look.

is artwork prepared any different, from the designer side?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts