T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how everybody presses when pressing something on the front and the back? I have been "dressing" the bottom of the press with the side to be printed, the side not printed, is under the press. My question is...is this necessary, or may i just lay the shirt on the bottom, pre-press, press 1 side, flip it over and press the other side? Will the side facing the bottom smear or melt? I do have a teflon cover on the bttom of the press, i also use a teflon cover on top of shirt when pressing. My problem is, when i do small tees, they stretch quite a bit when dressing on the press. 16' 20' press.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just print one side then flip it, I use a teflon platen cover on the bottom.

One thing I have noticed is the first transfer (now facing down against the teflon cover) will remelt and attempt to stick to the teflon. It doesn't of course and comes off OK without any problems but the semi-rough texture you get after one transfer is now a smooth slightly glossy finish.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've been doing the mousepad between the layers - could I just be putting it on the bottom or does it still have to go in between. Also when doing 2 sides can you just print one side then the other or do they need to have time out between the pressings.

Di

1 - 7 of 7 Posts