T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
try a product called curable reducer, most ink manufactures have one....you can add as much as you need without the risk of adding too much plastisizer and adversly effecting the cure....it will however reduce your opacity the more you add

·
Registered
57 Posts
Basically, Cureable Reducer is going to thin out your inks and make them have a smoother feel. This stuff works really well so you don't want to over do it because it will make it so that your shirts will never fully cure. You only want to use a small percantage ratio to your ink (2-5%).

its called cureable reducer because it is indeed cureable.... put some straight on some fabric and run it thru the dryer , it will cure

·
Registered
57 Posts
I never said it woudn't cure, I said it would never fully cure if you use too much. Cureable Reducer is plasticizer with a little bit of PVC added. PVC bonds the ink to the shirt and so if you use too much reducer you are bringing down the amount of PVC in your ink. If you use a high percantage 20-50% of cureable reducer you may think your shirt is fully cured, but it will wash out in the washing machine.
the curable reducer that wilflex makes is a finished "ink" and I have added pigment concentrate to it (up to 5%?) for all over prints on lights and it held up great...I'm not sure about any other brands,,,but still I rarely ever use it...I like my inks straight out of the bucket just stir and go....most inks are actually too runny for my taste....
the only time I base things back are to take the color out when doing some simulated process stuff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.