T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to contact a screenprinter to use for my new biz and want to make sure I am asking alll the right question in my search for one. How can I know they are the "right ones".
Also, I will be using my own designs I created, can they use my designs for their profit?? Basicly, can they steal my ideas??

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I am ready to contact a screenprinter to use for my new biz and want to make sure I am asking alll the right question in my search for one. How can I know they are the "right ones".
Read these threads that have good answers to that question:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/screen-printing/t9907.html

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/screen-printing/t3467.html
Also, I will be using my own designs I created, can they use my designs for their profit?? Basicly, can they steal my ideas??
Are you asking the liklihood that they will? Or if it is even a remote possibility?

Because anybody *could* steal your ideas. That's just the nature of life.

But that is not what screen printers generally do. They are probably printing designs with a lot more "sell-ability" than your designs. They aren't in the business of selling t-shirts, they are in the business of *printing* t-shirts. From big names to small names. So each design is just another job on the presses, not a potential new thing to steal.

·
Administrator
14,656 Posts
Anyone could steal your designs. Heck, I could steal it after seeing them on your website or seeing someone wear your shirt. You can't worry about that. Silkscreeners would not be in business long if they went around stealing their customers designs.

Here is what you need to ask them

1. What type of artwork do you require?

2. Can I see a sample of your work? (If you are getting a 3 color design done, see a 3 color sample.)

3. How much will you charge for my job?

4. What is your turn-around time?

Those are the important points. Get bids from more than 1 silkscreener, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts