T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shop isn't launched yet but when i'm not selling t-shirts i'm going to school as i'm a full time student in college. What about you guys? Stay at home moms, graphic designers, mechanics? Spill it...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am an art director for a multimedia company and preparing to open one of the first tattoo studios in South Carolina (it's been illegal for over 40 years here). Aside from that I am a proud father, aspiring gormet chef, mountain biker, a would-be pro hold em poker player and musician. That's it for now.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I run an interactive production company. Been working in entertainment in one form or another for about seven years. TV mostly. I'm a husband, dad and wannabe writer. I have a t-shirt site in the works, but it's going to be a while...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm at Melbouren Uni, a year or so out from becoming Dr Monkeylantern.

If I was Miss World, I'd say I like cooking, long walks on the beach, and promoting world peace.

However, I'm not.

EDIT:

I should also add that's a Dr. of English Lit., before anyone asks me to treat someone with a heartattck on a plane...

·
2,957 Posts
At the present time I am Sr. Claims Examiner for a Medicare Supplement insurance company. I am also a full-time student working toward a degree in information technology. I also have a small business of installing networks for companies. Hopefully, all of that will come to an end once I get my site up and start making some real $$$$$$$!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I own a window cleaning company and have been running in for the last 15 years. That has kept me in close contact with hundreds of retail stores, many of which sell t-shirts. I decided to get into vinyl lettering of storefronts as an add on, so I bought a plotter and the software and began producing simple signs. That led to small graphics and vinyl stickers of "sayings" for peoples cars and such. Then I learned that I could cut Thermoflex for t-shirts with the equipment I already had. Then I realized that my brother bought me an Epson R300 printer for Christmas last year that I never put to use. Everything is falling into place.

Wait, that wasn't your question. Other than trying to learn about t-shirts, I sail boats, play guitar, ride the motorcycle, work on my snowmobile club's website, go to bars, take out the pontoon boat, fish, ski, work on my house, watch movies. Man, I don't have time to sell t-shirts.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
monkeylantern said:
I should also add that's a Dr. of English Lit., before anyone asks me to treat someone with a heartattck on a plane...
At least you can entertain them in their dieing moments with a fascinating treatise on post-modern blasphemy.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Solmu said:
At least you can entertain them in their dieing moments with a fascinating treatise on post-modern blasphemy.
This is true! I've also a theology qualification under my belt, so i give a go at the Last Rites.

I'm in no way whatsoever religious, before anyone gets scared that I'm a nutjob....

And I hope I've mentioned my thesis topic here before....else I'll get you charged with stalking....

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Great post sarafina!

When I'm not selling t-shirts, I'm developing websites. I actually do this full time (selling t-shirts and managing websites).

I'm also a stay at home father of two, husband, poker player, tennis player, movie junkie and amateur (really amateur) photographer. I also like tech gadgets :D

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
Maybe you should start a movie forum, too. That would be great! So what do you think?
There are already a fafillion movie forums :) Not sure I could add anything that hasn't already been done.

But I probably will end up making some sort of movie/film related website in the future (if I can make it through the rest of my todo list).

·
Registered
32 Posts
A Broadcast Designer...I use my Mac to create on-air packaging and commercials and such for some the major kids cable networks and some of the grown up ones two. Sooo...more than anything, I am usually at my desk.

I am a father of 3 younguns and a musician working from home, so I babysit an awful lot too :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
My eldest child has recently moved out on her own.. Pretty strange not having her at home.:(
I have two still with mom and dad, I'm still trying to adjust to the change.
I still do her laundry and fold her clothes, so i guess it's not that much different LOL!
She comes over to raid our kitchen and talk, it's great being a parent!
Wish I could have another.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I'm not selling t shirts I'm working parttime at a local big box store electronics store selling digital camers, pda's and cell phones. I also work part time as a Sales and Leasing Agent for a property management company.

Then ofcourse I work part time developing my t shirt company, bit by bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a teleprompter company in L.A., providing equipment and operators for televison shows. I also love to run marathons, so I sell sports jewelry and --very soon-- running-related T-shirts!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Desperately trying to retire early. (I'll never quit working) 2 daughters and 4+ grandkids. I ran an appliance service for many years before messing up a hand. Now we are marketing to artists. Websites, selling their work, providing value added services,(printing, promos, etc) Now the t-shirt site. I'm not a great cook, but an incessant recipe hunter. I just love sweating bullets and small business provides that. Woodworking, remodeling, lapidary, photography and more but not enough room in the house to have it all going. The 52" printer and vinyl cutter are the next adventure after the shirt shop gets completed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts