T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, i like flexi i find it easy to use and tons of features. But i also have a cameo silhouette and found the designer editon soft ware is actually pretty powerful and easy to use.
Tried corel but not a fan of it . Found its more of a dig and search for what i want to use in it.:)

·
Registered
396 Posts
i have been using photoshop for years and just recently purchased corel. i am a wiz at photoshop but i have a lot to learn with corel. I'm still on the photoshop side till i figure it out.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i have been using photoshop for years and just recently purchased corel. i am a wiz at photoshop but i have a lot to learn with corel. I'm still on the photoshop side till i figure it out.
Why did you go with Corel rather than Illustrator since you're already using Adobe Photoshop? The relationship between Illustrator and Photoshop is fairly amazing.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The one that works with the file I'm working on. With that said Corel, photoshop, Illistrator in no particular order. When doing a new design I some times switch back and forth.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thats a good question.. I am partial to 4 programs...

1. CorelDRAW
2. Adobe Illustrator
3. Creature House Expressions (a dead application) that Microsoft made into MS Expressions.You can download it here for free
Creature House Expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at the bottom of the page you will find the free download links.
4. PhotoShop

I have come to the place where I use them all depending on what I am doing. Sort of the like the right tool for the Job. But I find myself in CorelDRAW about 90% of the time. Each one has its advantages and disadvantages.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
if it's anywhere near as powerful as Illustrator.
I seriously doubt that, Illy is a freaking monster app in vector... just a node grinding Godzilla. In some ways nothing compares if you know how to use it. But then again DRAW rocks the work flow and Creature House opens up all kinds of options even thou it is dead.;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here is the list we like to use.

Photoshop- For high end decked out graphixs for t-shirts, signs, and car wraps.
Illustrator- For for vector graphixs, simple shirt designs, simple signs, rally stripes.
InDesign- For business cards, booklets, and other text heavy projects.
Flexi- Mainly used as a rip program and contour cut program.
Wasatch- Used to print film.

Ocassionally I like to use Acrobat with Pitstop for .pdf files and color proofing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm looking forward to the release of Adobe CS6. They are also offering this time a subscription package as well for the entire Master Collection. It's about $50/month but you also get Cloud and iOS apps to go as well. Anyone else considering this method or buying CS6 outright?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I bought subscription to Illy Cs6. I have access to cloud and whole slough of programs I'll never use. They advertise it for $50 a month but if you go to the individual Illy link you can get it for either $20 buck with 12 month commitment or $30 month to month. So far I am running it on older Dell with XP and 32 bit without issues.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.