T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply put: what's your "day job" :)

I get the feeling there's a wide range of experience/job types here at the forums.

What pays your bills when you're not doing t-shirts (unless t-shirts is your day job)?

I've had lots of jobs over the years, but about 4 years ago I was fortunate enough to be able to "retire" and work on my t-shirt sales and websites full time. I say full time, but I'm also a stay at home dad, so I guess my full time job would be keeping up with 2 toddlers :)

·
2,957 Posts
Wow. How interesting.

Manager in the claims dept. of a medical insurance company. Medicare and Commercial.

I can't wait until I'm like Rodney, though. Working on my businesses, and being able to stay home with my kids!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I am retired from federal Government. ran retail and restaurant operation in 3 VA Hospitals in Los Angeles.. I got bored.. No one to bark orders at... Now at home I can't tell my wife what to do.. I like to eat.. and my 4 year old grandson just looks at me with glazed eyes when I tell him what to do.. So I need to be boss of something and now I am boss of me..

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am an assitant manager for a Caseys General Store. Was a website owner until I let my cable bill get to high and lost internet for 3 months during which time my website needed to be renewed. So now I am just being assitant manger until I get back on my feet! Then I will do both! Unless you nice people can set up a fund to get my website running again!! Just joking!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Oh I forgot.. I am a poker player also..infact I need everyone to wish me luck and pray. Poker party has been having these qualifiers games everyday, usually about 3500 players and 5 games a day. The games are free but if you get into the top 50 each week you are automatically entered in a Saturday game, again about 3500 players. I have played at least 30 of these games and always finish in the top 10% but never the top 50.. Until Sunday.. I played 5 hours Sunday night.. boy was my Butt hurting.. But I came in 20th..so what is the prize you ask.. and I am glad you did.. the top 16 On Saturday get a $10,000 entry into the WSOP in las Vegas, flight, room and $1000 spending money.. The next 17 to 24 get a $2000. entry into a preliminary game. So from 1:30 Saturday till I am busted out or I win a seat.. that is what I do for fun.. and this of course. Like poker I am addicted to this forum

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Rodney said:
Simply put: what's your "day job" :)

I get the feeling there's a wide range of experience/job types here at the forums.

What pays your bills when you're not doing t-shirts (unless t-shirts is your day job)?

I've had lots of jobs over the years, but about 4 years ago I was fortunate enough to be able to "retire" and work on my t-shirt sales and websites full time. I say full time, but I'm also a stay at home dad, so I guess my full time job would be keeping up with 2 toddlers :)
good for you daddy. I work for the city I live in. I did some websites in the past and now I plan to do the t-shirt thang fulltime when I get my heat press out the way. A site and trade shows.:) yeah trade showss:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have run my own little PDR company here in Houston for about 15 years. I have been doing the graphics business on the side for about a year. Build one company up that I can do indoors and slowly let one go that keeps me outdoors sooo much.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts