T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm straight out of a New Jersey emo/skater haven. My style of dress and design is definately what would be considered emo. The last couple of years I designed t-shirt and hat graphics for me and a small group of friends and acquaintances. My neighbor had a small side business custom printing cloths. I was able to make small orders (2-5) with him and he had a nice stock of tight, fitted t's. Unfortunately, he sold off all his equipment because of poor business. So, I've been looking for alternatives. I looked over a bunch of sites but they either didn't offer black, tight t's or small enough orders. If anyone has some insight as to what direction I should go for, that'd be great. However, please note that I'm in a college situation and don't have massive funds.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Depending on how simple your designs are, you could consider learning to print them yourself. Simple designs look fine printed on simple equipment, so it doesn't need to cost a lot.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

Spreadshirt.com has dark t-shirts, and I think they have fitted tees. That might be a way for you to get small runs.

Otherwise, you might want to look into printing them yourself like Lewis recommended.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
A hundred to two hundred dollars if you just want to buy a starter kit, (or the equipment that would be in a kit - a squeegee, a screen, some ink, etc.)

I've seen some surprisingly good work done with that little equipment, but it's certainly limiting.

From there you can buy a one shirt jig to make things a bit easier, or a two colour jig, or a four screen press, etc. and obviously costs start to rise.

It depends on your budget and what you want to print. If you don't have a lot of money and you can keep your designs simple you can do it for a couple of hundred bucks. Like anything though, the more your budget stretches the easier it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts