hOPE ALL IS Well with everyone ...
i just got in to the t-shirt biz , and i had some questions
1. I got into this because i have a t-shirt/clothing line that i wanted to get out . However , looking into possibly offering shirt printing services. Is this a demanding biz, is it very profitable , basically is it worth my time . I already run a service oriented business (janitorial service ) so i don’t know if i wana tackle another in less it is really worth it. If i can get a couple of stable large contracts that would be cool.
My passion is this clothing line , and i don’t want to be side tracked , but i knew it will take time to get $$ from that , so im kind of open to printing for others.
2. I bought the t-2jet system , anybody else using it ?? i had some questions ... i printed my first couple of shirts and was not happy with how dull the prints came out.
3. I don’t have any graphic skills, should i contract this service out , or try and learn it myself, will it take a while to pick up.
4. IS silk screen printing the best quality. I heard its a hassle compared to the other methods ?
5.Any of you out here in the Bay Area ,
6. What should i ask a customer when then need some shirts ?
1. Amount of shirts
2. Color , Sizes , quality
3. Number of colors on image , size , file type
4. Turn around time
7. Do you give customer choose of brand of blanks to use , or just don’t mention it and use the one that works out best for you . I like the feel of American Apparels shirts , and Alternative Apparel , but they seem to cost more then the other brands.
8. ... Any one make over 100, 000 a very from this biz.... is that question to personal, quite being a stiff [email protected]@ ... ...
9. Any of you deal with the embroidery aspect of the biz. I checked out the Melco machine , they want 20grand for that thing i passed . But i don’t want to embroidery some of my shirts, should i contract it out , or can i find some thing cheap and effective. ???
ok that’s it for now people .. hope i didn’t bore you with all this ,
thanks in advance ..
im hungry and ready to do it Big ... Peace