T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hOPE ALL IS Well with everyone ...

i just got in to the t-shirt biz , and i had some questions

1. I got into this because i have a t-shirt/clothing line that i wanted to get out . However , looking into possibly offering shirt printing services. Is this a demanding biz, is it very profitable , basically is it worth my time . I already run a service oriented business (janitorial service ) so i don’t know if i wana tackle another in less it is really worth it. If i can get a couple of stable large contracts that would be cool.

My passion is this clothing line , and i don’t want to be side tracked , but i knew it will take time to get $$ from that , so im kind of open to printing for others.

2. I bought the t-2jet system , anybody else using it ?? i had some questions ... i printed my first couple of shirts and was not happy with how dull the prints came out.

3. I don’t have any graphic skills, should i contract this service out , or try and learn it myself, will it take a while to pick up.

4. IS silk screen printing the best quality. I heard its a hassle compared to the other methods ?

5.Any of you out here in the Bay Area ,

6. What should i ask a customer when then need some shirts ?

1. Amount of shirts
2. Color , Sizes , quality
3. Number of colors on image , size , file type
4. Turn around time
anything else

7. Do you give customer choose of brand of blanks to use , or just don’t mention it and use the one that works out best for you . I like the feel of American Apparels shirts , and Alternative Apparel , but they seem to cost more then the other brands.

8. ... Any one make over 100, 000 a very from this biz.... is that question to personal, quite being a stiff [email protected]@ ...:) ...

9. Any of you deal with the embroidery aspect of the biz. I checked out the Melco machine , they want 20grand for that thing i passed . But i don’t want to embroidery some of my shirts, should i contract it out , or can i find some thing cheap and effective. ???

ok that’s it for now people .. hope i didn’t bore you with all this ,
thanks in advance ..

im hungry and ready to do it Big ... Peace

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I suggest you break up your post into some individual threads.....else you'll scare people away from answering such a mammoth amount of questions. :)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
peacegod said:
I bought the t-2jet system , anybody else using it ??
You bought a $15,000 piece of equipment before knowing the answers to any of these questions? :eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You bought a $15,000 piece of equipment before knowing the answers to any of these questions?
ons? [/I]

actually i paid 7500 , other half covered by partner . I bought the machine because it looked like the most effective printer to get my line out , there are others that have better quality prints , but dont print on dark , which i need , and i went down to one of there locations in east coast , to see it work in person before buying it .
so i bought the machine because i knew exactly what i was going to use it for , and wanted to be in control of the production end of the biz. ..

thanks for addressing my questions though ... big help buddy!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the forums!

I suggest you break up your post into some individual threads.....else you'll scare people away from answering such a mammoth amount of questions.
thanks buddy , yah looking at it , its way to much to swallow in one bit ,,,, no prob .. ill contiune to research and get the answers myself... may bring a consultant in , if there are any good ones out there.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
You don't need to pay anyone to answer those questions (though a consultant may be useful for other aspects of the business). Practically all of them can be answered by running a few searches on these forums (the embroidery won't really be covered, the rest will).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solmu .... i have read some of your comments on other threads and you seem to be a informative dude .... so ill be nice .......but ...I KNOw thatttt MANNnnnn!!! ...I would bring one in to deal with the structural aspects of my company ... not this small time stuff...
again.... thanks ... for answering some of these questions , and help in my quest to enlighten myself ....

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Star, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

As MonkeyLatern suggested, it's probably a good idea to break up some of those questions into separate posts. It will help people give you specific answers.

It already sounds like you're planning to research more. You'll find a lot of those questions answered here in the forums, but if you don't, feel free to post your specifc question to the forums and we'll do our best to help out.

Oh yeah, you'll notice some posts from this topic removed. Here's why:

Forum Guidelines said:
Be Courteous!

Don't attack others with words. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Flaming, derogatory insults and hate speech will not be allowed in this forum. If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone seeks help from other forums members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator or admin and let us handle it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts