T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm wondering how manny t-shirts a Direct to Garment Injet printer can do in the whole long life of a printer?

How long will the printer live befor it takes to do a burnout or a head to break or any other cons? (how much will those cons cost, or do I need to rebuy a new printer once that happens)?

(Printing on 100% cotton, light/dark collored shirts)

Any info on this will be realy appreciated, thanks all.

·
Registered
363 Posts
There are ALOT of variables here. First the printer type could determine it's life span.
So all my answers will be for my t jet2.
Print head- with good maintenance schedules, cleaning and care, will last years. But if you are lazy and don't have the proper conditions (humidity, good ink etc) it could last days.

Actually, that applies to the entire printer. You have a few parts that are going to need to be replaced like the capping station on a routine basis but good care will keep your printer running for years.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reponse, at the moment i'm still searching witch printer i'm going to buy; i'm in need of a printer that have a big printing area like 400X600, that can print on light and dark collored shirts (100%cotton), with a high quality of graphics (digital photos), and ofcourse thats the graphic is restistant after many washes... amazing collors reflecting might be needed also but thats not my main concern atm till the collors are good.

does the working area need humidity ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for ur reponse, I diden't know there was humidity needed (no less then 55%) in the work area. Do you use a special machinery to keep that amounth of humidity?

Any one, any idea what machines I should look at with the discription I gave in my second post? (Thank in advance)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.