T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm still working on it, but I generally base the designs on what I want and/or would wear.. It all started because I couldn't find that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This appears to be a vast answer kind of thing. Many agree with your way of designing and some say that they create graphics based on how they felt at the time. I'm sure your method does work as far as selling goes.
Every customer is different so the designs must be different.
I'm still experimenting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been pretty fortunate that the stuff I have produced out of personal interest has found a large audience. Several of my ideas have been requests from my wife for our kids room, etc. Later it finds its way on to Tees.

Camie's opinion is probably right, IMO.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I just have ideas pop into my head for some unknown reason. Lately I've been writing them down so I can make a t-shirt design out of the ideas. Some of them might even be good ideas.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You never know, somebody might go ape over them!
I've been playing around with some ideas lately, hope the out come is good.
I sell more ladybug themed gifts and shirts than anything else. So I've expanded my line a bit, giving more selection. Crossing my fingers for some multiple sales!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Wow Camie!
Only 7 hours went by from the time you crossed your fingers wishing for a multiple sale, and the time you made a multiple sale. I'm going to try that when I get some designs online! Congrats! :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sombebody bought three ladybug thongs from my cp shop, not here though.
Prior to this I sold the same thong to NY.
The design is a simple one, it says hottie in vivid pink letters with two ladybugs.
Thanks for the positive compliments!
Yeah, I'm gonna keep crossing my fingers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow Camie,

You certainly have a lot of Product! How do you have time to create it all?

Do you draw all that yourself?

Doesn't seem like you would need any advice from us for ideas, you have tons :D

Keep up the good work...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great designs and smart marketing are the keys.
I try to make designs that I think will sell well.
I get into the customers' heads to figure out what they will like & buy,
but I judge how good my designs are by how much they appeal to me.
I've been doing this for a few months.
Last thursday was my best day ever. I sold 7 items in one day.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, the best designs and marketing is the key to sales.
But I was meaning in terms of the customer, and what their looking for. Which is a very vast assumption and everyones part. I definately realize this.
But not only are we designers but we're customers to, with our own taste and likes. For instance you may like 3D images and you may find that you want to expand your selection. I maybe your customer, and 3D images may not be what I'm looking for.
I see some shops that only cater to one specific design, that features many aspects of it which is good.
But it may not be in my taste.
So, my question is: do we design graphics based on what we like or do we experiment with many different just in case a customer is looking for something paticular?
Not saying to not design in your own style, or taste but rather should we be open to designs of different world per say?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think once you decide to make a business of doing this, you have to be open to designing for tastes other than your own.

You may never have to, but you have to be open to it, because you may need to do so to keep money coming in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Business owners are trying new things these days to aquire sales and to make fine customer relations. Talking shops is in my opinion is new, and different. I've had the oprotunity of discussing talking shops with the seller of this feature. For experimental usage, I've added this to my cartoon shop just to see how things turn out. I'm also trying to figure out how to stop the repeat of the speech.
Fixes are in progress. to see what this feature adds and to hear it click the bottom link. You may find that you like, or you may not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
cameo said:
So, my question is: do we design graphics based on what we like or do we experiment with many different just in case a customer is looking for something paticular?
Not saying to not design in your own style, or taste but rather should we be open to designs of different world per say?
I think it is a combination of both actually depending on the designer. I started because I wanted to get my paintings noticed. Then I was doodling around on the computer one day and created a dragonfly. Then a few more dragonflies based on the original dragonfly ... now I have an entire store of them and they are what I actually sell mostly ... I'm hoping to change that with some art marketing. I also offer to do custom designs based on what someone requests too if they email me asking about that.

Mostly though, I design what appeals to me or what I'm good at doing and hope the visitors will like it ... if they don't, mine is not right for them and the right ones just haven't found me yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts