Did you press the first layer down for the full amount of time? Or did you just go a couple seconds to get it to adhere but not fully and then put the second layer on top and do a full press?
Please imagine that there are two colors here- Black (Bottom layer that will touch the garment first), and White (Top layer that will lay on top of Black).
I did/pressed the first and second layer at the same time.
1. Weed the Second layer/ Black color vinyl
2. Weed the First layer/ White color vinyl
- Place this layer sticky side up to have that ready for the Black color layer
3. Peel off the Black vinyl color from its backing- carefully by not stretching it.
4. Place the peeled Black vinyl layer and place that on top of White vinyl layer (already laid down with its backing sticky side up)-
5. Flip them over- they should look like as one piece of heat press vinyl with to colors (one on top of each other) Black shold be on the bottom touching the shirt.
6. Place the sticky side down on the shirt and press.
Everything should come out fine as the two layers were heated and pressed at the same time.
* Some adjustments on the Black color vinyl maybe needed when placing it on top of the White layer color vinyl. Flip it over and check if everything look even and then press it. If not, then keep moving the bottom layer, flip to check until the design is correct/even.
You may need to practice on getting the third layer on, but shouldn't be that bad after the first two are done.
Only good for less detail designs only!!
I usually charge more for these jobs and give customers disclaimers.
Easyweed stretched when trying to peel it, so, try to use the thermoFlex ones instead.
Time: 7-10 seconds because it's two layers. I normally do 7 second for one layer.
Temp: 324 works just fine
-- Olde Lady