T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the easiest software to use with the tjet 2.
Corel or Photo Shop
I already have fast arist and fast rip but was told
Go with Corel.Much easier to use then fast artist.
I saw Corel draw at Office Max for about $139.00.
Would that work.
Thanks

· Registered
41 Posts
For me designing in Corel Draw is much easier. But then I have to export the ai file and resave form illustrator (if you want to keep the layer colors and be able to change them in the fast artist program and then send to fast rip. My understanding there is a way to print directly out of Corel Draw but I never understood it.:D

· Registered
492 Posts
I was wondering what the easiest software to use with the tjet 2.
Corel or Photo Shop
I already have fast arist and fast rip but was told
Go with Corel.Much easier to use then fast artist.
I saw Corel draw at Office Max for about $139.00.
Would that work.
Thanks
you have to import thru fastrip to get your printer to print correctly as i understand it . i have found corel easier to learn when importing into fast artist their are some different file formats that work better for dark shirts as oppossed to white or light shirts.to much to type
but when you get to that point pm me and i can help you out .......newbe to newbe

· Registered
492 Posts
Ok
So even with Corel you have to use Fast Artist to go into Fast Rip or do you go directly from Corel to F.R.
Thanks
i import into fast artist to do the unerbase settings then send to the rip. i have heard people say you can print from corel but it still has to go thru fast rip because fastrip tells the printer what mode to print.... when i first got my printer i tried the print function an it printed like a regular printer would .
so the rip lets it lay own the ink for fabrics

· Registered
492 Posts
plus as a newbe myself i have found that files need to be exported out of corel a certain way or it will confuse fast artist an it will drive you nuts but i have learned alot of tricks from Justin at EZ that i can share with you that will eliminate multiple test prints that are failures,but i still do mini prints on a shirt an i write own what settings i use for each one so i can use those settings on the proper size print, this eliminates blowing thru multiple shirts for testing
i hope all that makes sense

· Registered
492 Posts
triple a is alstyle they have three a's on tag
most t shirt makers offer regular cotton as well as ringspun cotton .
ringpun is softer and has a tighter thread than a regular cotton t.
try both you will be shocked.
i just did a run of shirts for a school and used regular cotton , i had to do a two pass underbase at 1440 cartoon to get underbase and colors to pop how i wanted. then i did one special shirt for the teacher on a ringspun and i was blown away . you can and will end up using less ink and pretreat on a ringspun and the prints look twice as good. but they where also very happy with the prints on the regular t

· Registered
5,540 Posts
Oh to answer the original question.. Whatever program you're comfortable with. Get the art sized and the way you want it to look. Remove the background and export it out as a .png with transparent background. Import that into your rip and create the white layer in there.

Ring spun shirts print nice because they are denser. The softer the shirt the smoother the surface to print on is. Think of it like using notebook paper in a laser printer.

· Registered
492 Posts
Oh to answer the original question.. Whatever program you're comfortable with. Get the art sized and the way you want it to look. Remove the background and export it out as a .png with transparent background. Import that into your rip and create the white layer in there.

Ring spun shirts print nice because they are denser. The softer the shirt the smoother the surface to print on is. Think of it like using notebook paper in a laser printer.
how do you create the white /underbase layer in rip ? ialways do it through fast artist then go to rip, the only regret i have with my last run is i did not use the u.b. wizard to go with overlap white , can you bypass all this in the rip ,and are you going strait out of corel or Illus. ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.