T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
What type of epson printer and with what type of ink?
The 1400 is dye based from the factory. Dye inks fade and bleed in the wash. If you search the postings here you will find that is a common problem using the wrong inks ... dye inks.

But the 1400 can be outfitted with pigment inks that won't fade and bleed, and are also much cheaper than factory inks.

4 colors Epsons = pigment inks
6 color Epsons = dye inks
8 color Epsons = pigment inks.

The 4 and 8 color Epson have the pigment inks from the factory and can wash very well, however, they are expensive and shift slightly to yellow when heat pressed.

For my Epson printers I use 3rd party inks from Cobra, as do many others here. No color shift when heat pressed.

.:: Cobra Ink Systems::. This is where the term CIS began

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
-Epson 1100 (Discontinued but if you can find one snatch it up because this is by far the best printer ever!) or Epson Artisan 1430 (Exactly the same as the 1100 but uses 6 inks instead of 4 and more expensive then the 1100 but cheaper then the epson 1400.) Don't get the workforce 7010 (it replaced the epson 1100) it spits out the paper when the ink carts register empty and you end up wasting a lot of material. Also the bottom feed tray style sucks and is a hastle. The epson 1100 and 1430 stops the print and once the carts are replenished it continues the printing and doesn't waste the paper.

-CISS from Ebay

-Cobra Pigment Inks (A little more expensive then the cheaper brands but i've had problems with the cheaper brands clogging the printheads and destroying the printer. Cheaper brand inks are very inconsistant. Even though cobra inks costs a bit more compared to other bulk ink vendors they are still WAY cheaper then buying genuine epson cartridges.)

-Neenah Papers Jetpro softstretch for light color garments and 3G Jet Opaque for Dark color garments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.