T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow Printers,

It would be interesting to learn everyone's pain-points and maybe for the rest of the community to recommend some tips and tricks to make things a little easier.

Shoot away...

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Bad artwork supplied by customer.
There is an easy fix for that :)

Design whatever you want and put it up for direct retail sale on the interwebs. Don't need no stinkn' customer-provided art! Of course, every solution comes complete with its own set of problems ... like the joys of, more or less, screen printing on demand based upon what retail customers ordered that week. Lots of screens to clean for the number of units printed (and all water based, so can't be lazy and not clean them).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bad artwork supplied by customer.
This is a constant. And I just love it when someone sees what they want on a computer monitor and take a picture of it with their phone and send that to us to duplicate/modify. We love having people use online designers and send us a link to what they've designed. At least it's clear and all fonts used are easily discerned. Most of the time we can duplicate what they did in very little time in our Corel Draw software.

We've also learned to not waste time trying to redo bad art. Unless it's extremely simple, we just add an art charge and send it out to people that draw all day long. There are many to choose from and we've been very happy with the service we use now. I am the "in house" art department and it does not pay for me to do art from scratch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.