T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my white lines today after an unsuccessful attempt to unclog a line.
I still have one line out of the 4 giving me crap. I've done an ink charge, head cleans, nozzle checks, and I can pull ink through the damper with a syringe. If I do a print purge on my white lines, 3 out of 4 will print. I also filled the maintenance station with CF for about 10 minutes. No luck. I've thrown in the towel for the night out of frustration. I filled the maintenance station with fluid and shut down.

Advice?

Also, in the process of changing my lines, i've dripped ink on my machine. It looks a little Jackson Pollack-y. Is there anything I can use to clean it off?

You can reply here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
Michelle

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
It sounds like your ink lines and dampers are fine, but your head is not. If the ink line was clogged for xx period of time, it would not allow ink to flow through the head and causing problems for that one line. You could let is soak longer than 10 minutes. If CF stands for cleaning fluid, it's not aggressive enough. You need something that will break down the inks. If you don't have anything specifically for that, you can use straight ammonia. I know people say never use ammonia, but it can be used if done right and not delaminate your head. I would let it soak in the capping station for about 1 hour and then do a clean and see if there is any movement. If not, you could use it overnight and still be fine. It's not something you want to use every day, but in cases like this, it works great.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It ended up working itself out somehow, but I'm still going to try and do some extra steps to make sure it's not going to happen again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.