T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I own Adobe Illustrator, but I would consider buying Corel Draw. I took a silk screening class in Atlanta and the same place gives a one day class in t-shirt design on corel draw. Plus I think that at some point in the future I will want to buy Smart Designer 3x

What program do you guys consider better for making t-shirt designs?

Illustrator or Draw?

· Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm definately not proficient. I bought Adobe Illustrator because someone else paid for it in return for designing a DVD cover on it. I do a little web work for a political organization and they needed someone to help them get some DVDs made.

Basically I can import pictures and play around with fonts.

I designed some very basic one color t-shirt designs on it which I had made at a local shop.

Right now I'm trying to center the image on the page and add registration marks. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. lol.

· Administrator
18,869 Posts
I'm definately not proficient. I bought Adobe Illustrator because someone else paid for it in return for designing a DVD cover on it. I do a little web work for a political organization and they needed someone to help them get some DVDs made.

Basically I can import pictures and play around with fonts.

I designed some very basic one color t-shirt designs on it which I had made at a local shop.

Right now I'm trying to center the image on the page and add registration marks. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. lol.
Then to me Corel would be better. It is much easier and intuitive.

· Registered
2,667 Posts
Most people consider Corel to be easier to learn (its cheaper too) but some say if you're a Mac person (not a PC person) Illustrator is easier. I think Illustrator is more widely used. We receive a lot of logos from businesses and most of them are ai rather than cdr files. One thing I like about Corel is how the font feature shows you how hilighted text will look in a different font when you're looking through different font options. That's a big time-saver for me.

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
As Master Koin pointed out in post #3 in this thread, this topic has been covered pretty well in other threads.

Rather to go back and forth for another round on this often debated topic in yet another thread, let's keep the discussion in those other threads.

That way people can read the great points of discussions that have already been posted and the information can stay consolidated.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/graphics-design-help/t38966.html

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/graphics-design-help/t6941.html

Another helpful link with similar threads is the "best software" search tag here:

best software related topics at T-Shirt Forums

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.