T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this ad and just wondering what you would pay for it or how much you think it is worth?

This was the ad:

4 color turn table with work station. screen printing dryer. screens included. a bucnh of squeegees, ink and emulsion.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry it looks like the pictures duplicated. It should only be the top 4 across.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. Since you said $100 do you think that it would be better not to buy it at all. I am really looking to purchase one just don't really have the funds for a brand new one. I figured that maybe get a good deal and use it for now and learn and upgrade later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That is the set up I have. I paid over a grand for it about 4 or 5 years ago brand new. I made my money back in no time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered my set up from Ryonet. Based on the pictures it is the exact set up that is in the pictures. It isn't easy setting up for multiple colors because of not having micro-registration but we just have to spend a little more time setting it up. How much are they asking for it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
id say get it used make ur money back and buy better equipment later when you established. id pay 700 for it tell you the truth it has it all except the exposure unit. who ever said they would only pay 100 is not wise. When you start a business you need to keep your over head down if you puy this for lets say 700 go out there and hustle hard andlets say its slow in your area and you get maybe 3 orders a week of 2 dozen shirts 1 color and you price them at about $120 which comes out to $5 a pop and spend maybe $55 on shirts youd make $195 profit in a month you would see your investment back now lets say you put your heart and sould and find customers you cold make that back in less time. dont spen to much to get started . some one once told me money is like gas to a business if you spen it all at once you wont have any left to keep going a small investment is always better. and this set up has it all . i bought my first set up for 850 and have been growing since but if i had bought it all new and didnt like it iwould have lost tones of money . at this price if you dont like the business you can easily reseel for what you paid. dont listen to people who say its not a good set up if the price is right get it . you have to decide how fast you think youll make that money back and start earning profits. also having no micros is kinda a pain but not as bad as people make it out everything cost you something either moeny or time if you cant afford the luxury to beginn with then just work harder so you can reach that goal. id say get it if the price is rite .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered my set up from Ryonet. Based on the pictures it is the exact set up that is in the pictures. It isn't easy setting up for multiple colors because of not having micro-registration but we just have to spend a little more time setting it up. How much are they asking for it?

They were asking $500

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
id say get it used make ur money back and buy better equipment later when you established. id pay 700 for it tell you the truth it has it all except the exposure unit. who ever said they would only pay 100 is not wise. When you start a business you need to keep your over head down if you puy this for lets say 700 go out there and hustle hard andlets say its slow in your area and you get maybe 3 orders a week of 2 dozen shirts 1 color and you price them at about $120 which comes out to $5 a pop and spend maybe $55 on shirts youd make $195 profit in a month you would see your investment back now lets say you put your heart and sould and find customers you cold make that back in less time. dont spen to much to get started . some one once told me money is like gas to a business if you spen it all at once you wont have any left to keep going a small investment is always better. and this set up has it all . i bought my first set up for 850 and have been growing since but if i had bought it all new and didnt like it iwould have lost tones of money . at this price if you dont like the business you can easily reseel for what you paid. dont listen to people who say its not a good set up if the price is right get it . you have to decide how fast you think youll make that money back and start earning profits. also having no micros is kinda a pain but not as bad as people make it out everything cost you something either moeny or time if you cant afford the luxury to beginn with then just work harder so you can reach that goal. id say get it if the price is rite .
Thank you. I have done a few orders already but I had used someone else to print them for me. I did not make much off of it. I figured I could save a few bucks doing it myself. I also think I have a few more jobs that I will be doing. I would like to take the time to learn and see where it takes me. If I start getting alot of orders I will be ready to go.

·
Registered
175 Posts
for 500 that was steel. did u get it???

yeah your gonna be kinda slow but who cares its all learning experience and a gateway to better things.

if u havent got it and they still have go and get it.

it your time youll be using no one else so go for it .

dont let no one get you down .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for 500 that was steel. did u get it???

yeah your gonna be kinda slow but who cares its all learning experience and a gateway to better things.

if u havent got it and they still have go and get it.

it your time youll be using no one else so go for it .

dont let no one get you down .

I did not get it. I wanted to make sure that it was worth it first. He does still have and had said that everything works fine. I did just send another email and made an offer so I will see what he says. I will keep you updated if I get it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is worth $500! Get it, do some orders and if your business takes off then slowly upgrade. If it doesn't take off then your only out $500.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is worth $500! Get it, do some orders and if your business takes off then slowly upgrade. If it doesn't take off then your only out $500.

I am going to try. I made an offer. I have not heard back yet but it is kinda late here so I will see what he says tomorrow. Hopefully it will be good news.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
totaly agree with sean . also the only thing you really gotta upgrade is the press.

What else will I need right away. I know I will need a exposure unit and paper, ink. Can you give me a few things that I would have to have in order to start. I will get more as I grow.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wish I knew what your guys think is so valuable in this package. Its a 4 color table top press, which are a dime a dozen, an inexpensive flash unit, a few screens and some ink. There is alot better equipment out there, for far better prices. The most important piece of printing is a good quality screen, and this comes with nothing to allow you to even make one.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts