T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the sort of designs I intend of doing for my own t-shirts.
Haven't got any finished work yet, this is just an image inspired by Resident Evil which caught my eye.

[media]http://media.photobucket.com/image/umbrella%20tactical/nimitzco/Resident%20Evil/UmbrellaCorpTacInsignia.jpg[/media]

Just for clarification, this is not my image, I don't own any right to this image nor do I intend to use this image in any form, this is an example image for the post.

oh before I hit send, this crossed my mind earlier, what if it was an image like this, something really detailed

[media]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/340/e/9/assassins_creed__feudal_japan_by_melciah1791-d34cp5g.jpg[/media]

once again I don't own this image or intend to use it, this is an example image for the post.

Help appreciated as always guys

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
best printing method would be determined by your production quantity.
large production = screen printing
sample run = DTG

I really like the look of dtg and think it'll suit well. I looked at things like vinyl but don't think they be suitable.

But for small runs im seeing prices between £8-£10 a t shirt and the machines are expensive.

For even a image like the assassins creed one, would something like that work with screen printing?

Anyone know any prices in UK cheaper?

· Registered
3,342 Posts
I really like the look of dtg and think it'll suit well. I looked at things like vinyl but don't think they be suitable.

But for small runs im seeing prices between £8-£10 a t shirt and the machines are expensive.

For even a image like the assassins creed one, would something like that work with screen printing?

Anyone know any prices in UK cheaper?

what's your buisness plan in general? you want to produce your own shirts or produce for others or both?
if it's just your own production, what sort of volume do you plan to start off with? screen printing is great for large runs. photographic work often requires many screens and that makes the initial cost high. When you produce several hundred or thousands of units of the same print it becomes very cheap to produce (one shirt only would cost over 500$ just with the initial costs but spread out over a production run it becomes a couple dollars per unit. With DTG the cost per unit is about the same regardless of the quantity (i'm sure you could get bulk deals but prices won't be as low)

as a start up company, it maybe best to outsource the production to get started and learn about the industry.

regarding the assassins creed shirt, it can be done with screen printing. I did a bunch of shirts for the last game using index separations and some with a mix of simulated process and index.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.