T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would $500 get u, as far as a e-site goes?
Keep in mind I only have a hoodie and trackpants set.
Like ALOT of detail and stuff to the site? Really classy work?
What do u think?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Personally if you are willing to learn I think you would be best using that to get your hosting, customise something like cubecart, zencart, oscommerce or even Magento (yeah I weakend and gave it another go.. getting much better!)

and use the rest of your budget to promote your site carefully

·
Registered
6 Posts
go to local universities and make good use of the local talent. There are always kids who need beer and tins of beans who are willing to Do the work for a fraction of the price. I've got a guy who just finished his HND to do mine, it looks brilliant so far and it cost me a hundred. Most of the add ons and things you need for the site (php mailing systems and so on) can be taken from the internet if you just search. It's just copy and paste code.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Bigcartel is great. I know a lot of people that would be able to do a blog website for you, bigcartel, and myspace layout for $500.

If you want to do it yourself I'm going to write a couple bigcartel customization tutorials.
So a big cartel site, myspace layout, and a blog for $500 bucks, not bad..

·
Registered
768 Posts
i'm not sure why WALMART would do a study on PAYPAL but that makes NO SENSE.. And plus, you can get a paypal account without the customer ever knowing that they are paying through paypal.. its called website payment pro account

·
Registered
31 Posts
you could as well use a rented shop solution like epages. many hosting companies rent that shop system for around 20-30 bucks per month.
another idea: find someone to install a hosted script for you (oscommerce or the likes) for around 50 bucks and spend 450 for a nice template.

·
Registered
768 Posts
you dont need to pay anyone to INSTALL oscommerce or zen cart.. MOST host's offer a one click install for those.. then you just work on customizing.. which is where the forums help A LOT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts