T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was on the very first shirt that you made?

Do you remember?

It doesn't have to be the first shirt you sold, but the first one that you created.
I know that some of you have been doing this for years and have made thousands of shirts, but I remember mine. It was actually an old coat that was for a Halloween costume. I pressed some big bloody looking red letters onto the back of it. This first garment was actually made with cut ThermoFlex vinyl and it turned out good enough for a one night event. By November 2nd the whole thing was in the trash can.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I made one for myself about 10 years ago, trying out iron transfer. I forgot to mirror the image so it came out backward LOL I still have the shirt.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
One of the first t-shirts I made was sort of a prototype of a design I still sell.

I made it with one of those iron-on transfers from walmart like 12 years ago (before I even thought of selling t-shirts from a website or making websites full time). I just thought it was neat to have a t-shirt with something I desgned on it.

I think from that first iron-on (that I actually ironed on and burned), I was sort of hooked on the idea of t-shirts. Before that I hadn't put much thought into it.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
The first shirt I actually printed myself was based on a William Blake poem (a few lines quoted from it along with a bird I drew and a bird "cut out" from the text of the poem). Screen printed in a limited edition of two (one for my girlfriend, one for a friend).

·
Registered
353 Posts
I remember it well. It was 1990, I was in grade 10, and we were learning silkscreening in art class. I wanted to make a shirt. So my mom picked me up a blank white T-shirt , I drew out the Sesame Street sign. (the green and yellow sign). I used the blue film stuff, (can't remember the name),exposed the screens, and printed the sign on the back. It was quite a popular shirt in my school at the time. And had I had a brain in my head then, I would have started making and selling them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Decal_Designs said:
What was on the very first shirt that you made?

Do you remember?

I had been Machine embriodering company logos on shirts for about three years.... Must have said NO I DONT DO SCREEN PRINTING a milliion times.... finally decided to look into it....... The rest is history....the first shirt I printed was identical to the next 99 I printed.... it loooked just like the avatar shirt to the left of this post printed them up as promotional giveaways....... I do very little embriodery anymore....no time..... Screen Printing has consumed all my time.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts