Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am very interested in starting my own T shirt line and eventually moving towards a full clothing line. However, I want to start off small just to see how my shirts move. I am looking forward to asking a lot of questions and learning about the business from you guys.

Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
welcome!
You are the first person here that I've seen that has the same goals I have!
I hope that was an ironic exclaimation mark :)

1/2 the people here are aiming (or have achieved) that ;P

·
2,957 Posts
I haven't seen anyone here talk about having a full blown clothing line. Who? When? I know I haven't been here long, maybe I missed it. But, I've combed through previous posts pretty good.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
There's certainly quite a few who make up their own patterns, or aim to. Maybe 1/2 was a little hyperbolic.... :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cameo said:
What is your ideas?
Have you come up with some neat graphics or texts?
Like to see what you've got.:)
I just used some simple stuff for right now nothing too fancy. I am trying to learn Illustrator 9 and Coreldraw 12. When I make something hot I will let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Drop Illy 9 and go right for CS2 for the Live Trace Feature alone. You'll be banging out full-blown vectors in no time. Represent Philly, baby! Just getting started myself.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey,
I've done some press searching and I found the cheapest and most creative machines I've ever seen!
At Proworldinc.com!
Max price for the average nice one no more than $ 500.00
I'm gonna hit my daddy up for christmas on this baby, all I have to do is roll my brown eyes and its mine!
Merry christmas!

·
Registered
140 Posts
cameo said:
Hey,
I've done some press searching and I found the cheapest and most creative machines I've ever seen!
At Proworldinc.com!
Max price for the average nice one no more than $ 500.00
I'm gonna hit my daddy up for christmas on this baby, all I have to do is roll my brown eyes and its mine!
Merry christmas!
That store has like 3 machines and the cheapest one isn't less than $800. To get the $449 heat press you need to buy $399 worth of stock transfers which is quite silly.

Anyways Art, although i'm Canadian, im a big fan of the Eagles so Philly Represent :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Philly ... wassup. I'm in JC myself though originally from NC. I have a lot of family in Philly though. Cool place to live.

Now for those of you not blessed with a wealthy benefactor, I would suggest "testing the market" by either selling through a service like CP or contacting a local printer and getting bulk rates. Shlep your designs (in portfolio or printed garment form) to some local retailers and see if they are interested.

Because if you are like me there is no way Santa is cramming a proffesional heat-press down the chinmey this year.

Oh ... Im Arcanum and here is my shop ... ARCANE APPAREL

Im working on a new interface, but you can follow the link to my current CP store.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Arcanum. Your clothing line is very morbid and dark. I wouldnt have thought these types of things would be a good seller. I mean i could be wrong but more innovative styles are more appealing, to me anyway. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, you would be suprised. Not everyone likes to run around in bright, cheery pastels and rainbow colors. I get plenty of folks as morbid as myself over at Arcane Apparel. You should stop buy and pick up a nice black shirt with a skull or something equally intimidating. With a name like "Forum Lord" we can't have you going around in white.

I sell fine. But thanks for asking. :tipthank:

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are quite welcome, Phaseone. And thanks for the order. I am a bit of a perfectionalist. But hey, I should try to be more modest.

if you ever need any help or advice, Forumlord, don't be afraid to ask. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
It seems you just cant say something without someone taking it the wrong way. I was not critisising your store. I just mad an observation. Is that to hard for you to understand? Maybe i didnt put it in a simple enough form for you. Allow me to break it down for you. I...am...suprised..that...your ..morbidity....sells....
Brad

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Brad ... Boobala ... Cha-cha. Nobody took anything the wrong way. I think phaseone was just reinforcing my point that there are a lot of folks who would buy the sort of things I sell (phase just happens to be a good customer).

After all ... look at the popularity of artists like Giger and Arisman. Or authors like King, Barker, and Bradbury.

Really, no worries, ya big softy. I was just having a little fun with ya.

But the offer still stands ... you want a shirt? Stop on by! There just might be a necromaniac hiding inside you too. And if you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

I am humbly, at your service.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.