T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer with a large 13 x 13 jacket back design (2 color) wanting it printed onto the back of a fitted zip hoodie (black). The problem is, they want only one of each design. This makes plastisol transfers too pricey since I'd have to meet minimum requirements. I've used stahl's in the past for digital prints, but they have since changed their requirements and now have a $25 minimum per design! I'm not paying $100 for 4 transfers, that's just crazy! Anyone have suggestions as to how I can get these designs printed without breaking the bank! Thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that true? It really boggles my mind. I have a print ready vector file, all I need is for someone to print it digitally....is it the cost of the ink that drives the price up?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Patrice,
if it's a two-color vector design, and if you have a vinyl cutter, using a heat transfer film (T-shirt vinyl) would be the most economical option. Depending on how soft the customer wants it, you could use HotMark (a thin PU film) or FirstMark ( a low cost PVC) and have enough material left over for more such jobs in the future.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gerald, Thanks and yes I was considering doing it in vinyl and probably will. I was originally hoping for a softer hand as it's for a dance client, not to mention, the design has alot of detail and the thought of weeding it is not fun! Since its only 4 though I'll have to bite the bullet on this one. I haven't used the vinyl you suggested, I've used Stahls fashion film for this type of thing, it seems to layer nicely.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Weeded vinyl's probably the best option at that quantity, especially since the material's probably a 50/50 blend. If you have trouble weeding the vinyl, a nice tip is to hover a press over it for a few seconds, it'll usually make the weeding go a lot easier. I've had to do this with some really nasty silver fashion film that didn't want to part from the backer. Strangely enough, I can't keep the gold fashion film on the backer, leave that sit overnight and it's tried to weed itself :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.