T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what type of printing is this ? since i posted up in the vinyl section it dont look like vinyl itll be too hard too weed .

·
Registered
561 Posts
That looks like halftone. Basically its a process in photoshop that makes all the cool details into small dots, but when printed it gives it that effect. I dont know much about it, but i am doing some experimenting with halftones. If its not that then its probably a metallic gold ink. I use it at work and if you apply enough layers it gives you that shine.

·
Registered
289 Posts
you screen print the image in plastisol, cure it half way. put the shirt on the heat press, cover the image with foil then press. when you pull the foil's backer off it will look like the one in your picture. still amazes me. i do water base printing which works great with foil. you print the part you want the foil on with plastisol. the foil won't stick to the water base part of your design. foil is not cheap. p.m. me if you need help. stan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks stan, i think i see the process of how it work, so basically its a two step process right?

·
Registered
289 Posts
yes, two steps and you need a heat press a little larger than your foil image. the more times you handle the shirt, the more it cost. how much did the shirt in your picture cost? stan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, two steps and you need a heat press a little larger than your foil image. the more times you handle the shirt, the more it cost. how much did the shirt in your picture cost? stan
What do you mean by "the more time you handle the shirt''?n i do have a heat press and a cutter how do i go about to get this type of printing? These shirt go about 16-20 dollar a shirt, kinda to high for me knowing that we know how much it cost for us to make it ourself.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
What do you mean by "the more time you handle the shirt''?
I'm guessing he's referring to the fact that the more you handle the shirt, the higher the labour cost. Foiling is a simple process, but there's a lot of double handling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts