T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,583 Posts
This looks like a cutter only.
There are Printer-cutters as well, but you will be looking at $10,000 minimum for one of them.
You can cut vinyl, and then heat-press it on t-shirts.

· Registered
622 Posts
The head and the results look like a cutter, but that is not direct output from a cutter only. If it is a cutter it has been weeded first then reloaded onto the cutter for a photo op. You would just see a roll of one color and not a weeded result. Cutter sellers make photo's like this often. It is a tiny bit deceptive. But I am not sure as on the bottom of the roll you have blocks of black instead of red. Still, it could be a cutter and a staged photo. There appear to be registrations marks. Maybe it was printed on a printer first, then loaded on the cutter to cut. That seems likely.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. What machine prints on vinyl or what not? I have a plotter but I'm looking for a machine that does those type of prints. Just thought this was an all in one. The issue is some of my designs are multi colored and I have to pay for plastiol transfers for those but if I could print in full color on vinyl and just cut it then I'd like that as well. I understand it isn't cheap. Thanks.

· Registered
622 Posts
Ok. What machine prints on vinyl or what not? I have a plotter but I'm looking for a machine that does those type of prints. Just thought this was an all in one. The issue is some of my designs are multi colored and I have to pay for plastiol transfers for those but if I could print in full color on vinyl and just cut it then I'd like that as well. I understand it isn't cheap. Thanks.
Solvent, Eco-Solvent, or Latex printers can print on sign vinyl or heat transfer vinyl. Print/Cut varieties start at about $10,000 up to $400,000. But as you have a plotter, maybe you can find one around $5,000. I am not sure of the current pricing. Your cutter better be able to do contour cutting well, with optical sensors or it is a no go.

https://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/eco-solvent?gclid=CjwKCAjwj4zaBRABEiwA0xwsPx-IlR8ihrW7H1_8shnN-OcLoD4Qg2aLHY7PjpJ0Eui1_PGeAFe5ahoCee8QAvD_BwE

· Registered
4,583 Posts
The expensive part is the solvent printer.

If you don't care about size, the VersaStudio BN-20 is obviously the cheapest option of printer-cutter, from a reputable brand. Around $9,000.

· Registered
859 Posts
Does this plotter print AND cut your graphics out? Is this just for stickers or can these be applied to shirts and stuff?
This is a graphtec plotter (a FC8000 or FC8600 series) contour cutting from a print from a solvent printer.

An SG300 is about the cheapest production printer that will also contour cut. Runs around $11K

A BN20 is soooooo slow, it is not really made for a production environment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.