T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of heat press vinyl do i use on can koozies? I have thermoflex here, or do I need something different? thanks.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Koozies are typically made from neoprene. You can try the Thermoflex, however I have not personally heat applied it to neoprene.

The key is to make sure that you create a flat surface when applying. Print Perfect (rubber) pads will work very well for this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are just the collapsablefrom for most specialties. I have an assortment of colors.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If the above suggestions don't work, then the material is probably too smooth for anything that can be used with fabric as fabric is rougher. I think the koozies should work with vinyl though.

In that case, I would try mutli-surface paper for hard and smooth surfaces. But you'd have to find a spray to coat the image after it's been transferred to prevent scratching.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This almost does not seam worth it unless you are just trying to do a couple samples. Koozies are such a low cost item. We are able screen print 4 at one time and offer 250 for $147.50

Two suggestions.
1. Their are two main koozies... Scuba Foam and real neoprene. If you are going to heat press I suggest you use the neoprene when subjecting to high heat.

2. If you heat press cheaper koozies you may run into dye migration issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts