T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just bought our heat press today. We got a Mighty Press Digital and we are going to pick up an Epson as well. We were wondering what kind of transfers everyone is using and what are the best ones to go with. We are wanting the least possible bit of edge to show. Just want to know some transfers that are good quality and will produce durable work and where a good place to get them from would be. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Since you mentioned an Epson printer, I will assume you're looking at heat transfers.

The most highly recommended transfers around are the Transjet II/Magic Jet papers (easy to use, fairly soft hand, good print) and the IronAll/MiraCool papers (difficult to use, very soft hand, good print). Search past posts or ask specific questions for more detailed information than that =)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
The least possible edge to show means you are going to be trimming your epson transfers by hand. You didnt mention if you had and optic eye registering plotter so I assume you dont. Go online to Pro-World and order a few stock plastisol transfers and press them. You are gonna enjoy hot-split transfers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MotoskinGraphix said:
The least possible edge to show means you are going to be trimming your epson transfers by hand. You didnt mention if you had and optic eye registering plotter so I assume you dont. Go online to Pro-World and order a few stock plastisol transfers and press them. You are gonna enjoy hot-split transfers.
can you please explain what an optic eye registering plotter is and how it can be used with heat transfers? i would love to be able to move away from the box-shaped transfer for my tees. is that something i could do with some type of computerized or manual cutter?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Cad plotter with an optic eye such as Craft Robo or roland GX-24. You print your transfer with registration marks that your plotters optic eye recognizes. Transfer goes into the plotter and it cuts around the design so you dont have to do it by hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MotoskinGraphix said:
Cad plotter with an optic eye such as Craft Robo or roland GX-24. You print your transfer with registration marks that your plotters optic eye recognizes. Transfer goes into the plotter and it cuts around the design so you dont have to do it by hand.
would this work with an ink jet transfer or would you use some other type of transfer? and can it cut out places within the design or only around the border...

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I think it will work with any digitally printed transfer as long as the optic eye can recognize the registration marks. I do believe it will cut within the design within reason. You can PM Josh at Imrintables Warehouse and ask....I think he sells this equipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts