T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Im interested in buying a heat press and have my eye on one. I am a photographer and would like to get the photos I take printed on the shirts. I have been screen printing for a little while now and my halftones have come out with mixed results.
So my question is should in a invest in dye sub printing or inkjet printing.
Reason I ask is I would like to print on black and white shirts and I sort of know that black shirts cant be done on dye sub?but then again Im trying to go for fairly high quality fashionable shirts not crappy photos of your dog shirts...if you get my drift!
Im only doing this in my garage as well.Any comments or ideas of which way I should Id be greatful thanks.

· Registered
626 Posts
Well, as you said, dye sub is only for light shirts while inkjet can be used on both lights or darks. The only caveat here is you will need a vinyl cutter with a contour-cutting feature for your dark transfers to cut out the opaque backing on the transfer. There are videos on youtube showing how to do this. For light shirts, JPSS paper contour cut will do nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.