T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Gx-24 to cut out transfers for t's, i have not opened it yet, thinking about selling it for a screen printer. any thoughts. Not doing enough biz on the transfers....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello dtmabry,

We have heard of many successful ventures w/ the Roland.

Maybe you can explain why you purchased, have not used and ready to sell?

TSS has 2 test Rolands and they work great w/ he prescribed media...of course, there are some adjustments to be made. Doing any self-created transfers w/ the cutter takes a few trial and errors, but in the end, we find it is a great solution for expanding your product offerings.

That said, not sure of the specific question, unless it is just that you want to sell...if that is the case, it is worth the effort to try it out...the resale value will not decrease that much and you may find yourself w/ a working solution for increasing your transfer business, especially in terms of vinyl/films/dark.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have a Gx 24 and it has been a work horse for me. There ar so many more things than T-shirts you can use the roland for( or any other cutter for that matter). I encourage you not to give up and put the roland to work and generate the funds to but screen printing supplies. .... JB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought a stika 15" Plotter first but it did not have an optical eye, company would not refund but offered a trade up so i did to the GX-24. I had the intentions of using it to cut out transfers instead of scissors.... I am a photographer by trade, looking towards t's for alternate income, i do sublimation also, but to expensive. That's why im looking toward screen printing as an alternative that has a low overhead per print.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello dtmabry,

Nice quick re-post...that said...

I know quite a few photogs that are using the Roland for making custom shirts for their photo shoots. Maybe not the same process, but I think you should be able to capture your photo market w/ the equipment you have in place.

I'm certainly not knocking the screen print option, but for your target market...they are looking for something to celebrate the occasion. Basically, if the parties have their night out, they may be interested in a custom t-shirt for the night, w/ no expectation of ever wearing the shirt again.

So, if that is the case, you would be able to offer t-shirts in a profitable situation, meaning you would not need to order 100+ screen print transfer...you would be able to create the t-shirts w/ vinyl/films/heat transfers at a affordable cost to you...and be able to supply the customer w/ the product they want.

That said, I do think you should experiment w/ the GX-24, it has many great features that can make these short runs profitable for your photo biz.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about big ticket items? If it can't make continuous capitol, 3-5 times a week, then do I need to reconsider?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey dtmabry,

You have a great point to discuss...

And, there are many options...if you would like to discuss specifics...please PM me w/ you number and we can discuss.

Since there are so many tangents built-in, it would be difficult to try and answer in a post. But, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

As for Big Ticket items, I guess that leaves a lot of open interpretation...do you mean high profit, or high ite m numbers?

I think in the long run, having a cad cutter at your disposal will be useful....even if runs come in at an infrequent basis...the machine will work for many years and certainly reap the rewards in the long-run.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts