T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what to dO?
I have an option of buying a one year used Heat Press HT600 for $450-$500. OR buy a brand new HIX hobbylite for $320.
I will be printing newborn clothes, so image would be only 3x5" max. Also, I will be doing this at home, not too many shirts at a time. I'm just starting out.
I am concerned about the 70 opening of the clamp. Will I be able to slide tiny clothes in there w/o fear of being burned?
The Hobbylite is a swing away, but the commercial machine is a clamp
Please let me know soon!!! I only have today to make the decision.
LindaLu

·
Registered
950 Posts
Personally, I would go for the HT600. It is a much better press that will last a long time, and you would be getting a better value for your money. You will not get burned if you are careful. A 70 degree opening should be roomy enough to work with. The HT600 is a 16"x20" press, so it is the big one, but I would think with practice, you could be doing more than one newborn item at a time with that much room. That could be a nice time saver. Plus, who knows what you may want to make in the future? Perhaps matching mother/newborn sets?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply.
well, I bought the HT600 (analog, not digital). However, I didn't realize it requires a 20amp plug. do you know anything about the difficulty of conversion?

·
Registered
950 Posts
It's 110 volts right? It will use a 20 amp circuit in your house. Check which rooms in your house has a 20 amp circuit breaker. Kitchen, Utility Room, Garage, It could be any room. A lot of times a room will only be wired for 15 amps. You do not convert the heat press, you just need the 20 amp circuit in your house somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts