T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting a side business this week. I purchased a heat press and have done a few small things for practice, but no official orders yet.

I have 2 customers lined up... But what do I charge?! I'm planning on using alphabroder for the shirts and fmexpressions until I get my own means of making the transfers. Is there a guide that others use that I can just input the number of shirts, cost per shirt and cost of the heat transfers?

Thank you

· Registered
10,343 Posts
Some will take the total cost of goods and double it.

We don't do that. We know how much we want to make an hour and use that as a guideline along with the value we are providing.

As an example, we recently sold some face masks and made $2 each on them. I could press 300 an hour and we had 1000 of them. So each hour of work made $600. But that isn't the total picture. We had to cut out the transfers, 1 hour, bag an label them. Concurrent to printing (there are 2 of us) and then it ran about an hour over that. So about 6 hours to make $2000 in profit. I misprinted one of them so that was a loss.

Profit per hour was $333.33. Our target shop rate profit per hour is $270.

After all, it is a business, not a job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.