T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been learning a lot from your posts but I've run into a wall. I first found bustedtees.com about a year ago and loved the business model. But rather than try and compete with them, I decided to target a niche market. I grew up in a religious Jewish community and so decided to focus some of that pain by targeting my line to people with a similar background. Though this is a relatively small group, there's no competition. I teamed up with a buddy who's a designer and we built our site. We haven't started marketing yet other than to send it to friends and have them send the link to theirs. We get between 50-100 hits per day but almost no sales. On the one hand, we go to events and people love our shirts and we sell a bunch. We've worked our site to have an anti-corporate feel and people constantly tell me that they love the site and our shirts. But I'm worried that they're enjoying looking at the site but they don't fell the need to buy the shirts. We changed the add to cart button to the top right of the page, which I was told is the prime spot, but someone else just mentioned that it's too small and gets lost among the deals which he says should not require coupon codes and people to click them. Maybe our prices are too high. We're ready to start marketing the site but I don't want to until I've optimized it. We were thinking of adding a banner at the top of our home page with a small daily blog on one side and a limited time special on the other, so the home page has more character. Also we'll soon be adding a photo page of customers wearing our shirts. Any help on site design, or promotion advice would be greatly appreciated. Check out our site at: www.doveabove.com and please let me know where we went wrong. Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi guys,

I've been learning a lot from your posts but I've run into a wall. I first found bustedtees.com about a year ago and loved the business model. But rather than try and compete with them, I decided to target a niche market. I grew up in a religious Jewish community and so decided to focus some of that pain by targeting my line to people with a similar background. Though this is a relatively small group, there's no competition. I teamed up with a buddy who's a designer and we built our site. We haven't started marketing yet other than to send it to friends and have them send the link to theirs. We get between 50-100 hits per day but almost no sales. On the one hand, we go to events and people love our shirts and we sell a bunch. We've worked our site to have an anti-corporate feel and people constantly tell me that they love the site and our shirts. But I'm worried that they're enjoying looking at the site but they don't fell the need to buy the shirts. We changed the add to cart button to the top right of the page, which I was told is the prime spot, but someone else just mentioned that it's too small and gets lost among the deals which he says should not require coupon codes and people to click them. Maybe our prices are too high. We're ready to start marketing the site but I don't want to until I've optimized it. We were thinking of adding a banner at the top of our home page with a small daily blog on one side and a limited time special on the other, so the home page has more character. Also we'll soon be adding a photo page of customers wearing our shirts. Any help on site design, or promotion advice would be greatly appreciated. Check out our site at: www.doveabove.com and please let me know where we went wrong. Thanks!
Great site. Funny Designs. Don't give up.... things will turn around for you, keep putting your name out there! :D Good Luck

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
just keep at it Josh...remember there are 1,800,000 tee shirt printed sites (just googled it)...so it takes time and word of mouth and marketing, marketing and marketing. No one gets up the morning...stretches and sez....gee i better get on the net and buy a shirt....not gonna happen!.... but a web presence is necessary to augment your sales...oh...and did i say marketing??? keep at it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,

I have checked you Web site. Let me tell you one of the basic thing which you have missed out here. This is the reason you have lower rate of ROI. While I checked the landing page of your Web site, there was no indication what the Web site deals about. Even there is no title tag. I didn't know the Web site was selling shirts unless you have posted it in the forum. So, build a better title for the landing page of the Web site, and also add some text for the Web site related to the theme. I mean you are selling shirts and .... Hope this might help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts