T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow there is a lot to know..

What type of screen printing press would be best?

I am looking at doing at least 6 colors. This is my real question. If I get a 6 color press what is he difference with the stations? I seen some that are 6 color 2 station, 6 color 6 station… what would be best for my situation…

As of now I will be the only one using it, but if things get moving I may have one or two other helping. So is the amount of stations important?

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
the amount of stations you have will dictate how many garments you can be pressing in one run before having to reload. If you have 2 stations you have a print station and a curing station if you have to cure ink between hits like in some multicolor jobs, if you have a 4 station you still have a print station and a cure station, but now you also have a loading station where someone can stand and load garments onto platens. Loading is something that a printer can do himself but in my experience usually messes up the ryhthym of printing, and also increases the chances you're gonna get ink on your garment. Short answer: more stations = better, particularly for multicolor jobs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts