T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
We have just purchased the Ricoh a4 printer for sublimation prints, i am looking to test afew things out with it before i start selling products, however i am looking in the Ralawise catalogue and they have several garments which are 50/50 with cotton and polyester? i know polyester is mainly what you can print on so i am unsure weather it will still work being 50/50?
Any tips or advice for sumblimation would be greatly appriciated as we are new to this,
We already have a Roland versacamm-420 and two vinyl plotters, its just to expand further into the printing side.
Regards
Lee

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Sublimation printing process will only work on polyester/synthetic fibres, so if you have 50% cotton in your blend - your print will lose 50% vibrancy and colour, because only 50% of it will get transferred.
If you don't mind very washed out/distressed prints - it might work for you. Otherwise, use poly garments.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.