T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While we're (patiently) waiting for our new NeoFlex and ViperOne PT machines to be completed, I thought I'd ask the "NeoFamily of Experts" a couple of quick questions.

First, I have to believe that most of us, if not all of us, selected the NeoFlex printer based on the superior "quality" print that it produces, as well as the great support that AA provides. However, most of us also realize that the final print quality (that the NeoFlex produces) requires alot more than simply pressing the "print" button.

At a minimum, you need good artwork, a stable operating environment (temp and humidity), a reliable and consistent pre-treatment process, an understanding of the color profiles and the printer settings, a proper curing process ... and a reliable, well trained operator (if you don't do the printing ourself). In other words, the quality of the print can fluctuate from one shop to another based on how well these variables are managed or perfected.

Another important variable is the actual garment ... so my question is:

What t-shirt (brand/style/blend) do you use with your NeoFlex to yield the BEST results?

- What brand / style # do you prefer to use?
- Do you use 100% cotton only ... or a cotton/poly blend?
- Do you use Ring-spun fabric only ... or something else?
- Do you use the same brand/style of "dark" that you do for "whites"?
- Do you offer your customers a choice (i.e. good, better, best) in an effort to accommodate their budget?

We'll be conducting our own tests this summer, however, I'm just curious to hear from those of you who have already done some testing.

If you're not comfortable sharing this information, I understand. Some folks may see this topic as "sensitive" or "proprietary" in their quest to maintain a competitive advantage ... while others may be inclined to share freely.

If you have time, I'd love to hear how you made your decision (which brand/style/blend of tshirt you use with your NeoFlex).

Thanks.

· Registered
2,622 Posts
at Imprints Wholesale:

the difference between the G2000 (6.1oz) and the G64000 (4.5oz ringspun) is 9 cents.

the difference between the G5000 (5.3oz) and the G64000 (4.5oz ringspun) is 42 cents.

the price difference at Sanmar is a bit more, but they run sale prices that are better than Imprints.

· Registered
867 Posts
The Gildan shirts do print ok, but there are many other brands out there that are much darker (for their black shirts anyway). We do like to use them when we are at tradeshows just for the fact that they are readily available to our end users. One complaint that I have, that I have heard from others also, is that after a wash or two, the shape of the Gildan shirt ends up looking a little squarish. At the end of the day, you can have a masterpiece printed on a shirt, but if you do not like the way that it fits, it will end up at the bottom of the drawer.

· Registered
2,622 Posts
One complaint that I have, that I have heard from others also, is that after a wash or two, the shape of the Gildan shirt ends up looking a little squarish.
that's where the G64000 excels. you get a fashion cut for lower cost. they also offer a v-neck in their fashion cut. i've never noticed a difference between their blacks and other brands.

· Registered
867 Posts
that's where the G64000 excels. you get a fashion cut for lower cost. they also offer a v-neck in their fashion cut. i've never noticed a difference between their blacks and other brands.
I do like the cut of the G64s alot better than the 2000s, but I think they could be a bit darker. With the way that most RIP softwares work lately, getting a nice gradient to the black of the shirt looks alot nicer when the shirt is darker.

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Anyone try alstyle shirts at all? I have an account with them and their ringspun shirts are pretty nice At 3.29 per dozen 3.09 per case. Not sure how they print dtg though. I also just noticed Jerzees has 4 new products (Well I think new) called Hi-Densi-Tee that are supposed to be smooth and soft for printing, anyone try those out yet? I'm going to order a few brands and print the some samples to see which ones look and wash better. I will post the results, that is, when My neoflex arrives.

· Registered
120 Posts
We prefer gildan 2000s, but because we've got the pretreat down on them and they are what we used with our other dtg machine, so it was an easy transition. American Apparel and Next Level have also had some pretty impressive prints.

50/50s print really poorly based on our experience. We did a lot of fleece this winter, and boy was that a learning experience. 80/20 is as low as we've gone with good results.

I've heard tri-blends do really well though, and I'm excited to test them when we have the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.