T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have done a number of searches on the site to try to find a satisfying answer to my question but I haven't been able to find a suitable one. If I have missed something I apologise. So here goes...

I am at the very very beginning of starting up an online t-shirt business. I found this site the other day, it is a great resource and I have been reading posts for hours today.
My question is a little personal so I completely understand if people don't want to post (although it would be great if you could post something) or at least don't want to post specifics. It would be awesome if you could give a rough idea though.
I am curious as to whether it is possible to earn a decent income from an online t-shirt business? (Obviously there is lots of competition). It appears that you can earn good money if you're printing the shirts yourself and taking on bulk orders from customers wanting their own design etc. However, if you are outsourcing the printing and just selling your own unique designs is it possible to generate a decent income?
I would (and I'm sure others would) really appreciate it if you could reply with more than simply, "Yes, you can earn a decent living from this" or "Yes, there are people making good money".

I have tried searching on the web for info on this too but I just can't seem to find anything that can give an idea of what is possible and what would be a reasonable expectation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for replying. I completely understand that it all depends on your own product offering and the way you go about handling your business but I am just interested in what is possible. I will be starting from scratch, doing everything myself and I have very little knowledge of each aspect. I don't want to do all that work if there isn't going to come a time when I feel it was worth it.
What is 'doing well' That's what I am asking ;)

I've really tried to find a post like the one you mentioned but I haven't. So if you have any idea where I could find it or if someone else knows then please give me more info. I read something where people were only giving examples - it included talking about buying certain printing equipment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply Rodney. Yeah I believe myself that anything is possible. I just kinda wanted some idea of what was going on out there, some sort of gauge. Maybe a measuring stick if you will.

"Or you could lose your shirt." Nice haha

Well since you have replied there was a couple of other things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.