T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have all my bases covered as far as starting up except for one BIG question on my mind. I plan on doing inkjet transfers (Epson DuraBrite) and using Photoshop Elements and MS Publisher depending on the job. For plastisol I plan on using Transfer Express to start with because of the great design software they have on line.

However...part of my business plan includes doing logo tee's for landscaper's, construction companies etc. They will have existing logo's that I will need to print. I could provide those to Transfer Express and let them charge a lot for doing the art, or Icould purchase Corel X3 and learn to do it myself. The cost of Corel is the problem as well as the learning curve. This will be a part-time business for me.

Would buying Corel X3 ($400.00) from the get-go be worth the investment and trouble or can Photoshop Elements and MS Publisher cover the majority of the opportunities?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Photoshop elements will be fine for your raster image editing, but you will need illustrator or corel to to vecotr images. I reccomend getting illustrator, since you already have photoshop. The two programs are made by adobe and work well together.

To learn how to use corel or illustrator will be a time consuming process, but in the long run it will save you alot of money.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Eh, I imagine you should be fine with Elements and raster-only editing. You don't really NEED vector generally (except when using a vinyl cutter), as long as you can create a high quality (200-300dpi) raster image of your designs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts