T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am very new to the t-shirt industry and I just bought a dye sub 1280 epson printer and heat press. My problem is which software is easy to use to design the t-shirts. I tried out hanes t-shirt maker and was not too thrill with that. Can someone suggest any other software? I have photoshop cs2, can anyone show me how to print off from that software. Thanks

Sing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
software use to print?

What software is good for printing out photos on transfer paper. I have the 1280 epson printer with the sawgrass software. I tried using the hanes t-shirt maker to print. I was wondering if there are other good software I could use. I also have photoshop cs2, is that a good program to use to design some t-shirts and is it airly easy to use. thanks

Sing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry .. I'm new also , can't really give u any real help. I know that Illustrator is great to use .. but takes sometime to learn and get famliar with it.

I am also thinking about getting the epson1280 ... have u done any prints yet ? how is the quality so far ?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rookie905 said:
Sorry .. I'm new also , can't really give u any real help. I know that Illustrator is great to use .. but takes sometime to learn and get famliar with it.

I am also thinking about getting the epson1280 ... have u done any prints yet ? how is the quality so far ?

Thanks
As I am still learning, I say the quality is pretty good. I haven't tried out all the settings yet, but I guess when I learn how to use different programs to print out onto the transfer paper better, I think I would get even better results.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I use Photoshop also and I find it very usefull. If you're new at this try to discover the program first, use some tutorials and only after this you can start printing your t-shirts.

Also you must have some design skills.

Have fun!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
As far as actually printing things goes (which seems to be your main focus?), almost any program will work. I do most of my designing in Photoshop, and save a PNG when I have a finished design. Then, I use a freeware program called Irfanview to print these off when I need to (a lot faster than waiting for Photoshop to load when all you need to do is print).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Photoshop is fairly easy to use. Great for photo manipulation. Not a great drawing program though.

Illustrator can make very realistic drawings when used properly. Each has their advantages, but I would say that Photoshop would be the better start.

·
Registered
96 Posts
grab yourself a wacom tablet. lot less chance of carpeltunnel and faster once you get used to it.

at work, i work almost independantly with photoshop. sometimes illustrator. i use it only if the customer has sent in a nice vector file with all the pantone colors chosen, etc etc, otherwise, ill just drop into photoshop with really high dpi and run with it. i can separate faster in there than in illustrator if the ai file has a ton of shapes overlapping each other. egad those are a pain.

you can draw stuff in photoshop. some pretty cool stuff too. you can actually do ANYTHING. portraits, cars, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I use photoshop. I just got a copy of illustrator, but I need a book to learn it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use a Photoshop and a wacom tablet to create my designs. This is the industry standard software use by most t-shirt artists.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
skyhigh said:
Illy usually come with a book, dosen't it?
Not sure what "Illy" is, but a download doesn't. If I like it, when the trail is up, I'll buy it. Found a book for $9. So I got a month to make some designs for $9 at worse case.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The user manual for Photoshop and Illustrator are hidden in the help menu. Take time to work through the "Contents" chapters and you will be off to a good start. You may never use many of the features, but knowing they are there can help when you have a design idea that needs a special approach. Google is the next best tutor. I have found a lot of good 'how to's' looking for answers to design problems.

Which software is best?
The one that becomes a natural extension of your creativity. If you have a good imagination, you will need high-end programs like Illustrator/Photoshop to put your ideas on the shirt. If you don't want to tweek, fuss and manipulate your art, IL/PS are overkill. (and $$$)

Expensive golf clubs will not make you a professional golfer.... I should put that on a shirt. :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts