T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just received my start up equipment and it came with CorelDraw X3. Would this be the software I'd use to print out the transfers? I also bought the Epson C88 inkjet printer, but I just read that when your doing inkjet transfers you need "Pigmented" ink???? What is Pigmented ink?? So i can not use the regular ink that came with the printer?? I'm using the Jet-Pro soft stretch heat transfer paper. Thank you for all and any advise....:D

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
I believe that the C88 series has been discontinued, but inks are available. I think the ink is pigment ink so you should be fine. Since you say you just got the system..it was evidently a used setup..Corel X3 is 3 versions back but it should work fine

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Help, so I got all my supplies but am having a hard time(meaning I have no idea what im doing) on the software side. I have coreldraw X3, signcut, and I just downloaded Inkspace. Is there a forum section I can post how to use the software questions? Thank you for all your help.:D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
don't believe you will find a section that will give specific instructions on specific software. If you are doing inkjet transfers, you only need the Corel X3 software you have. true it is an older version, but still is what most of us have used in the past. If you don't have the original disks, training videos etc, your best bet is look for tutorials on youtube.
You mentioned 'inkspace'...I am not familiar with that program. Do you mean 'inkscape'? if so...inkscape is a free vector based drawing program, very much like Corel but without a large support group or tutorial base since it is an open source program
I know there are couple of Corel experts that are on the forum and I think a couple have fee based training program...maybe one will contact you.
Another thought..if you buy a current Corel program it will come with some pretty good tutorials. Oh...and if you live near a large town, try going to a large bookstore like Barnes and Noble. They might have some books to help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.