T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Currently I have 14" manual squeegees and print upto 13" wide and 14" long on standard statics.

I understand an auto needs bigger screens. How big a mesh area do I need to go to to print the same size designs on an auto?

Thanks,

Richie

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh - there is method in my madness.

Most prints are less than our current standard max. Which means we can have a set of screens dedicated for that - less emulsion on each one and less ink needed in the well. Especially relevant for custom pantones. These are our daily bread and butter and 95 % of our jobs. Over time, we will make savings in leftover Pantone ink , emulsion reclaim chemicals & less tape by keeping things as efficient as possible

We'll then have a set dedicated to larger prints. Looking to print upto all overs in duplex mode, so don't want to use 40" screens for our every day prints!

· Registered
243 Posts
Go 23x31, do not short coat your screens because you think you will only use it for a left chest or small logo. Gang images up on each end, maybe a full back on one end and a left chest other, there will be a day the screen you need is the one you short coated. Always nice to have a few 25x36 lying around for those larger images.

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice advice so far - yeah, I ALWAYS fully coat my screens. Time is also money and to be able to have every coated screen available for any last minute jobs has more than made up for the cost of emulsion saved. Besides, if you don't coat it with emulsion, you've only it to tape or block it up, anyway!

I'm trying to plan my new shop to be as efficient as possible with well thought out workflow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.