T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally unsure about which route I have to take. I want to start a label with a start with about 100 t-shirts (various sizes and about 3 different prints). I've decided that for my t-shirts, I want American Apparel. I'm willing to pay some extra for relabelling and custom hangtags. I already found a company who makes custom hangtags so that'll be good.

I have one little problem: I live in the Netherlands and am unsure about the way I have to do this. Should I look for a place who can sell me 50 American Apparel shirts only? Or somebody who sells them and relabels them with my tags? Should I print it in America at the same company? Or should I go to my town's screenprinter?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
All of those are valid options for you, so it just depends on your preference and how you prefer to run your business.

Maybe you could start with a local printer, see if they can do the work, and then move on to your other options if they can't meet your needs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Moneywise, would it be better to let it print at the same company you order t-shirts from or doesn't it make a difference?

And for the relabelling? Should I get it combined with buying my t-shirts? I couldn't find a single one who sells American Apparel t-shirts, that does relabelling and ships to the Netherlands?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks

Moneywise, would it be better to let it print at the same company you order t-shirts from or doesn't it make a difference?

And for the relabelling? Should I get it combined with buying my t-shirts? I couldn't find a single one who sells American Apparel t-shirts, that does relabelling and ships to the Netherlands?
It can be more economical to do everything at one place. Keep this in mind though. What happens if you order 100 blank shirts from one place and send them to print at another and they misprint or damage 10 of those shirts via set up etc? I doubt that the printer would be liable since you provided your own stock.

I think its less hassle and a headache if you get everything done at one place. You order 100 shirts, you get 100 shirts.

good luck

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
That depends on the company. You'll find that out when you contact the local printer and ask for a quote.

If there's more than one local printer, then get 3 quotes from 3 different places and compare them.

Some places it may be cheaper to buy the shirts (depending on your time, cost, shipping, etc), some places it may be cheaper and quicker to just let the screen printer handle it all.

You may need to outsource the relabeling to another place if you can't find one that does "everything". Sometimes tailors or seamstresses will do relabeling for a small fee.

If you can't get it all done in the Netherlands, then you've sort of answered your own question as to whether you should do it locally :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts