T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so greatful to come across this forum.

I am ready to put the plastic down and I would like to know what you think about the set up.

I would like to buy the Heat Master 16x20 heat press and the Epson 1280 printer.

I am concerend that the heat press has not been around for too long so I am wondering if I should go with the tried and true, (according to you experts) HIX brand.

If you have a better set up for me let me know. I am looking to do personalized photo items, t-shirts, tote bags, tiles, etc.

If anyone is out there that are doing personalized items I would like to know what you think about this niche?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the epson 1280 and a 16x20 Dig. Knight swingarm press. I have been very happy with both, i have had them for almost a year. A lot of people on here frown on the Dig knight press, say they have electrical issuses, i have not had any. I also have the bulk ink system from personalized supplies, that was the best money i have ever spent.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hix is tried and true brand. If you do not need large format printing...why don't you go with Epson C88?

You know the 1280 uses dye inks so you'll have to go with bulk ink system using pigment or get some magic mix inks from personalizedsupplies.com. The 1280 is tried and true also.

FYI on the Knight DK20S...it's 185 lbs and that doesn't include the shipping pallet...I know because we just took delivery. By the way there's wiggle room on price and throwing in some freebies on Knight press at Conde. And Coastal Business has free shipping.

When shopping around, don't forget to ask about price matching, sales tax, are you going to have to pay for delivery lift charges, etc. Just some thoughts. Do I search for my user id "suzieh" as I posted a lot of my research when I was just beginning back in January/February 2006.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
There are many good brands to choose from, but keep in mind the types of things you will be doing. If you want to do everything from totes to mousepads...try looking for a press with interchangeable platens that can accomodate different thicknesses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts