T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What shirts do you use and why? Reason I ask is because before I was using gildan, which was okay. Then some guy was saying to me, "why do you use gildan?" He said, "if I could only tell you who Diamond uses you'll flip out". Meaning he was saying Diamond uses one of these typical shirts whether its gildan, AAA, or those other ones. So I ask him "who does Diamond use?" He goes I would have to charge to telll you the secret.

In other words who do you guys think shirts are the most quality that everyone likes?

· Registered
241 Posts
I would say most known tee brands use AA, but I haven't come around to it yet. Just starting out and don't think I wanna start paying $6+ for a blank tee....until I can afford it...lol

I use Anvil 980's...I like them because it's comfy, ring spun, soft and a good price.

Canvas tees are nice! I only ordered 1 tee so far, but that was also ring spun, super soft and I really liked the quality.

I just ordered a couple different samples of Canvas tees and sweatshirts. I'm sure they'll be nice as well.

· Registered
241 Posts
oh yea...forgot to mention why I use Anvil 980 and Canvas.

I basically want my customers to feel snug and comfortable when they're wearing a tee no matter what they're doing. That's why I go towards the soft, ring spun made shirts compared to the heavy, thick shirts.

· Registered
146 Posts
I can say this.
It all depends on what kind of quality and look you are trying to achieve .

Aa is pretty standard with people who want a good quality tee that is also fashionable.

But they are pricy unless you are ordering them straight from Aa in bulk.

There is another brand i have had shirts printed on called next level. They are very light and comparable to Aa. A little cheaper

I think gildan isnt really for shirts that you want to be fashionable. They are just a generic cheap brand. But they do serve their purpose.

But again it all depends on what look you are trying to achieve

· Registered
30 Posts
I started off using Jerzees, then switched to Gildan 50/50 blend (sometimes Ultra cotton because they have better colors). I have used a few Bella tank tops, and Anvil has a great "smoke" color, plus their shirts are more comfortable than gildan.

I think starting out with gildan or jerzees is fine. Eventually you'll want to upgrade to a higher quality, but there's really no point if nobody knows your products on a larger scale.

· Registered
58 Posts
I wanted a lightweight shirt like AA but I to didn't want to pay the price.
I went with the Tultex Fine Jersey Tee, they feel and look great, the only complaint I have is that sometimes the stitching starts to come undone, not very bad but it little places like the shoulder and bottom.

Other than that its a great shirt, I love the way they fit after one wash and the prints stay very well.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
5 Posts
What shirts do you use and why? Reason I ask is because before I was using gildan, which was okay. Then some guy was saying to me, "why do you use gildan?" He said, "if I could only tell you who Diamond uses you'll flip out". Meaning he was saying Diamond uses one of these typical shirts whether its gildan, AAA, or those other ones. So I ask him "who does Diamond use?" He goes I would have to charge to telll you the secret.

In other words who do you guys think shirts are the most quality that everyone likes?
What market are you trying to hit?

Really depends on what your going to be doing with the t-shirts if your selling them, giving them out, promotional, etc...

· Registered
7 Posts
I would say most known tee brands use AA, but I haven't come around to it yet. Just starting out and don't think I wanna start paying $6+ for a blank tee....until I can afford it...lol]

If your blank T cost $6+ then you should be charging for that.....unless you are trying to sell the 6 buck shirt for 6 bucks and thats why you can't afford it?

I would rather sell 100 shirts at 18.00 than 100 shirts at 7.00
Sell the shirt for what it is worth, not as a generic commodity.

· Registered
154 Posts
i thought the same thing ,most of these streetwear brands dont use AA,even the big brands purchase sum t-shirts from your favorite brands off there websites and go to a couple of malls and you will see ur self like i did.trust me a lot of these brands use anvil,gildan,aaa,jerzee

· Registered
39 Posts
I use the Alstyle #1301. I liked both the 1701 and the 5301 but in the end settled with the 1301. In my opinion I like the weight, the feel of it(pretty soft) and the prints seemed to come out nice on them. Plus after I ordered a sample of it i then realized that a lot of the shirts I had in my closet were 1301's. Looked and felt exactly the same.

· Registered
85 Posts
I use the Alstyle #1301. I liked both the 1701 and the 5301 but in the end settled with the 1301. In my opinion I like the weight, the feel of it(pretty soft) and the prints seemed to come out nice on them. Plus after I ordered a sample of it i then realized that a lot of the shirts I had in my closet were 1301's. Looked and felt exactly the same.
Im gonna try out Allstyle, which 1 of there shirts is close to what Famous uses?

Sent from my N860 using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.