T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I print banners using a Versacamm and currently just use grommets. But to make the more durable I really need to sew a hem. I have tried tape but I do not like that and I end up with wrinkles. What kind / brand of sewing machine do I need to do this. What should I stay away from. I do not want to break the bank either, small bank at that. I hear I need a walking foot, other than that. I don't know.
Thanks

· Registered
1,276 Posts
We use a double needle lockstitch Juki 1560 (same as model shown below). It was $3K new. They pop up on Craigslist now and then for $1200-2000 depending on age & condition. Consew is another brand of commercial sewing machine.

We bought ours from Ed Raichert in Phoenix AZ. They have a warehouse full of refurbished & tradeins and will gladly talk to you about what you need.

Attachments

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, what name can I find him under, business or web site.
Yours is a single needle, whats your opinion on single vs double needle?
Thanks

· Registered
2,135 Posts

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I think I will probably just go with single needle to keep price down a bit. Thanks to all.

· Registered
3 Posts
If you want to just try it out and not drop much money a home viking 6010 sewing machine, one from before they went comuputerized, has a low gear that will punch through a leather belt and even sew zig-zag or simple decorative stitches. It would not hold up to hundreds of banners but it would give you an idea if the whole process is worth the high end industrial machines.

Just my 2nd post so be kind....

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks looks like a walking foot double needle. I will call these guys and see what the have thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.