T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! We are about a year into screen printing and need to upgrade from our starter 4/4 off brand equipment. Looking at a Brown Manufacturing or Vastex manual press. What would you recommend for us? I have friend printers that have recommended both. Help I am on the fence!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I purchased a V2000-HD after attending the ISS show. I was looking at the Riley Hopkins 6x4 and knew thats what I was going to get.

After seeing the RH in person, I felt like I could break it very quickly (not saying its not a good press, but it just did not feel right)

I went over to the vastex booth and the V2000 was awesome, much more heavy duty, and built like a truck. I purchased one the very next day.

So far I love the press, I have run about 3000 shirts through it in my first 3 weeks so far and its been great. I am extremely happy with my decision to go with the press.

The 6 way micros are great too, although I have not had to use them much.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My vote is a Vastex 2000 series. We have a 8/4.
They also hold their value-always look to the future.
They are somewhat expandable as well. Plus a warranty that is kick a**, but they are built so well I doubt they will ever have much in the way of warranty claims.
The company has been" zero issues" for us to deal with, and we just got into their wing and all over pallets. We also did their training session at their plant for 3 days.
We did add an Anatol Titan this March. Always look ahead.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Royester, doing your google search turned up lots of stuff for "vestax", not so much for vastex. I did find one in Dallas and one in Fontana, CA though. Just saying that you don't find them very often.
I got a couple of Vestax units I'd be willing to part with. They're DJ mixers. Just the junky ones made in China though, I'm keeping the one that was made in Japan. :)

I agree with Tom--You may note that ANY high quality press is difficult to find listed--especially if they're in good shape and reasonably priced, they don't stay listed long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.