T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at Embroidery Designs.com and with each design sold the have this disclaimer for whichever brand owns it. This example was a Dakota design.

"This design is copyright protected by Dakota Collectibles and may not be distributed, altered or unaltered in any format outside of embroiderydesigns.com or directly from Dakota Collectibles. Items with this design sewn onto the product may be sold commercially with limitation. You must have written consent to mass market items using this design. Dakota Collectibles will not be held liable for any monetary losses or consequential damages as a result of using this design."

Is there any industry standard that specifies what mass marketing is? Or what qualifies as mass market?

I assume it means selling to a national or regional chain that sells volume, but what about selling on E-bay or an individuals own web site that could be seen nationally even though sales would be minimal?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Yeah mass market refers to volume. Distribution is broken down into tiers based on volume. So mass market would include major department store and retail chains. Walmart is considered mass market but they are also considered discount.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah mass market refers to volume. Distribution is broken down into tiers based on volume. So mass market would include major department store and retail chains. Walmart is considered mass market but they are also considered discount.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums
Thanks, I figured it probably was based more on volume than exposure, but wasn't sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts