T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
(you should probably have an NSFW warning on that link, though it is obvious enough from the URL if you look)

MikeyFingaz said:
How do you get this kind of look on a t shirt?????
Heat press would be the easiest (though not the only) way.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
You probably wouldn't screenprint something that looked exactly like that, as the gradients probably wouldn't look their best. That art needs cleaning up, but if that was done you could print it as a 3 colour screenprint. A lot of what you can and can't print comes down to your artwork preperation.

Ironhead mentioned in this thread that he owns one of those presses (the Livingston).

I know some printers have expressed concern with how sturdy and reliable a modular printing press could be. In theory I don't think that would be a problem (it's not like most presses are hand carved from one enormous lump of iron), but you would want to make sure the system was well engineered.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solmu said:
You probably wouldn't screenprint something that looked exactly like that, as the gradients probably wouldn't look their best. That art needs cleaning up, but if that was done you could print it as a 3 colour screenprint. A lot of what you can and can't print comes down to your artwork preperation.

Ironhead mentioned in this thread that he owns one of those presses (the Livingston).

I know some printers have expressed concern with how sturdy and reliable a modular printing press could be. In theory I don't think that would be a problem (it's not like most presses are hand carved from one enormous lump of iron), but you would want to make sure the system was well engineered.
True, plus I figure that it would be a more reasonable option considering Im just starting out... I dont want to spend a huge amount of money & I know a heat press would be more economical, but I have always felt that silk screening was nicer... So even though this unit only has a one year warranty, I figure one year is enough time to learn the craft & possibly get a nicer press later... I will be using it for an internet based business where I sell my own designs & will always keep & store my burned screens & wont be reclaiming them, only re-stretching & re-screening when needed...

I will be doing single orders, doing individual customer requests as they come in with about 10-15 different design choices & always having the frames burned & ready to use.. I know this is an inefficeint way to do it timewise, but Im gonna try my hand at doing this way to start out...

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I know a few sites that use that model to varying degrees of success.

One of them is T-shirt Hell though, so it can work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts