T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Id like to make a custom t-shirt... and the design i have is something similar to the tshirt-factory logos... very colorful ....

my first question, which printing method should i go for to get the best look and least amnt of adverse effect from washing...?

what material is best?... im looking for something stiff and something which fits well..

and lastly, which might be very annoying to some ( ok most) of you....

is there any place where i could get custom made tshirts printed for free?? or okay if not for free, then for a very low cost?

Id be grateful for any reply to any of the three questions...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Ali, sorry I just printed my last free t-shirt for this month. I would go with 100% cotton and find a direct to garment printer to get what you ask for.
John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ali, sorry I just printed my last free t-shirt for this month. I would go with 100% cotton and find a direct to garment printer to get what you ask for.
John
DTG is the way to go for just one shirt, due to not having to set up a screen. The problem you are going to run into is, that DTG uses many colors of ink to generate one color. Your blacks are going to have reds and purples in it, as they use it to darken the colors. Also it is going to fade very quickly as well. DTG machines are not technologically there and current. They still have a few years to go, but it is a good option for just one shirt. You can probably get out for around $30

If you are going to get say 24 or more, you should get them screen printed. Screen Printing gives it a better quality and looks and stands out better.

A key thing to remember with any printed is to always wash it inside out. If you want to preserve the color of the shirt and the print make sure you dry at VERY LOW heat and then hang dry the rest of the way!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts