T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im surprised I couldn't find a topic like this, where photos of shirts are shown and members tell the idiot ( me) what print method was used to make uploaded shirts.

Maby its hard to tell? I dont know but help is appreciated.

These are the type of tees I want to make, and im leaning heavily towards the heat press method, and printing my own designs as well as ordering the plastisols for certain projects.

any ways can yall tell what method was used on these?

Thanks, and mods feel free to move thread if I posted in wrong section.

Attachments

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Thanks man, You think its easy to get similar looking results using a heat press method?
It's pretty borderline, and depends on each person's interpretation of "similar".

With plastisol transfers? Sort of. The biggest problem being that transfers don't handle distress style graphics as well as direct printing does. If you want bold graphics like those examples, but don't care about the distress effects... yes, plastisol transfers can handle that. With distress... maybe, maybe not. You might be in for some headaches.

With a heat press method other than plastisol transfers? Definitely not.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's pretty borderline, and depends on each person's interpretation of "similar".

With plastisol transfers? Sort of. The biggest problem being that transfers don't handle distress style graphics as well as direct printing does. If you want bold graphics like those examples, but don't care about the distress effects... yes, plastisol transfers can handle that. With distress... maybe, maybe not. You might be in for some headaches.

With a heat press method other than plastisol transfers? Definitely not.

thats good info I appreciate it. and yea the distress style is something I like so Ill have to figure something out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.