T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I will be designing t-shirts and other activewear with themes in specialty sports including scuba diving, martial arts and skiing/snowboarding. In addition to selling directly to consumers via my website, I want to sell to retailers who specialize in the above specialty sports as well. I have never sold to retail before and I'm not sure what price to offer them. What is the usual wholesale price of printed t-shirts to retailers as a percentage of suggested retail price?

Clint

·
Registered
25 Posts
Having been a retailer for more years than I care to remember, most are used to a 50% discount on merchandise they plan to resell. If you personalize or do something they can't get elsewhere, your product may be worth more to them...

Kathy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Kathy. So if I have a shirt that has a suggested retail price of say $20, I would have to sell it to the retailers for about $10 then, right? Also, if I may ask, what are the usual terms of payment for t-shirt retailers?

Clint

·
Registered
62 Posts
cleung said:
I will be designing t-shirts and other activewear with themes in specialty sports including scuba diving, martial arts and skiing/snowboarding. In addition to selling directly to consumers via my website, I want to sell to retailers who specialize in the above specialty sports as well. I have never sold to retail before and I'm not sure what price to offer them. What is the usual wholesale price of printed t-shirts to retailers as a percentage of suggested retail price?
You can always offer a scaled price structure. Something along these lines:

1-11 Shirts (Full Price)
12-23 Shirts ($9 Per Shirt)
24-35 Shirts ($8 Per Shirt)
36-49 Shirts ($7 Per Shirt)
50 or more shirts ($6 Per Shirt)

Throw in free shipping on all bulk orders and you should be all set.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
203 Posts
AeonTees said:
You can always offer a scaled price structure. Something along these lines:

1-11 Shirts (Full Price)
12-23 Shirts ($9 Per Shirt)
24-35 Shirts ($8 Per Shirt)
36-49 Shirts ($7 Per Shirt)
50 or more shirts ($6 Per Shirt)

Throw in free shipping on all bulk orders and you should be all set.

Cheers,
Chris

If you give them a shirt at 6 bucks, then how much would you make off that shirt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
joelmon said:
What is the best way to approach a store? Simply ask them what they are looking for and show some samples?

Thanks

i just called and spoke to the managers, they all said send a picture catalog, so i desinged my own and sent it to them....these were all small shops though, bigger retailers managers may be able to give you contact info to the buyers though

they asked me then for a pricing grade, wholesale...

that is where im at in the process

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tea Shert, be sure to let us know how it goes for you with the retailers, it's a tough sell...but you never know!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts